Acoustic sound hole,woods inside smelling sweet

Standard 64

Reaction score
The smell of the woods inside my acoustic guitar smells so sweet,do you find yourself taking a sniff more than usual?

Reactions: JMV

G Man

Reaction score
I love the smell of rosewood combined with the ceder, they should make incense out of it for us guitar junkies.

JMV

Reaction score
Oh man...I used to have a Gibby 12 string that had a spruce top and Brazilian rosewood back and sides. The inside of that guitar had an incredibly sweet smell to it.

I probably smelled that guitar more than I actually played it. :laugh2:

cstamper

Reaction score
I have an all mahogany Martin OM-15 and I LOVE the smell that comes out of it.

Archtop 13

Reaction score
I wish Ebony had more aroma in it's normal state. One of my favorite wood scents. You really only smell it when you are working it, though.

cooljuk

Transducer Producer
Premium Member
Reaction score
Beats the hell out of opening up an old Fender bass case and smelling the butyrate plastic. That stuff smells like an entirely different type of hole. :shock:

When I was in highschool my friend and I had some real confusing suspicions about our music teacher because of this smell in his guitars. It wasn't until I got into vintage guitars that I realized what that smell actually was. I even called my friend up, met him for dinner, brought along an old pickup and said, "smell this" so we could put our old fears about what that dude did with his guitars to rest. ha!

GitFiddle

Reaction score
I have a clothes dresser at home that is made of all solid mahogany. If I dig an old shirt buried down in the bottom of one of the drawers out and wear it, I will smell mahogany all day. :cool:

I can still smell a hint of mahogany from my '02 Special Faded when I take it out of the case.

Standard 64

Reaction score
Well I kind of phrased it mildly,but reading of some of the responses I guess I can come out of the closet and say, I LOOOOOVE to smell the soundhole on my acoustic!!!!!! as soon as I take it out of the case I cant wait to get my nose into those strings and take a deeeeep smell of all that sweet glorious wood,ahhhhhhhh,one more whiffff

Latest Threads