Acoustic Guitar Pickup?

SJJMcGhee

Reaction score
Anyone got any recomendations for an acoustic guitar pickup/internal mic, my dad and i play quite a bit of acoustic stuff, he's a bluegrasser, and he wants a real warm, natural sound in a system onboard. venues don't seem to want to mic up acoustics anymore :(
Any recomendations?

GitFiddle

Reaction score
I was in the same situation about a year ago. I put an LR Baggs M1A in an old 1970 Martin D-18 with good results. Just remember to unplug it during breaks to save battery life.

I had tried one of those Dean Markley wooden clip-in sound hole pickups and did not care for it at all.

M1 Active | Acoustic Guitar Pickups | LR Baggs

There are two models, passive and active. I mounted mine with the strap button jack so there are no wires hanging out of the sound hole.

Here are some decent demos:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkWT6jFVFwU]LR Baggs M1 - YouTube[/ame]

SJJMcGhee

Reaction score
thanks man :thumb:
need to see what my dad likes, he's very fussy, and it's a 50's d-18 :acoustic:so he doesn't really want to do much modding to it. thanks anyway.

BEACHBUM

Reaction score
My favorite is the passive "Fishman Rare Earth" stacked humbucker. Completely noiseless and transparent. Matched with my "Fishman Loud Box" amp I get nothing but pure acoustic tone with no coloring from the pick up or amp at all.

AGILELR029-1.jpg

IMG_0669.jpg

GitFiddle

Reaction score
My favorite is the passive "Fishman Rare Earth" stacked humbucker. Completely noiseless and transparent. Matched with my "Fishman Loud Box" amp I get nothing but pure acoustic tone with no coloring from the pick up or amp at all.

Very nice. :thumb:

Matt_21

Reaction score
I'm an LR Baggs man too.
I like the I beam.
had the Element too and it was pretty good.

Neodustin

Reaction score
I'm on the fence between an Anthem and K&K @ the moment

Latest Threads