What are you guys using?
Actual acoustic amp?
Clean on a Marshall or Fender or....
I`m a bedroom player so no gigs.
Just curious.

efstop

Premium Member
Reaction score
I have a J-29 with a built in but I've never used it (in fact, I don't know if the battery or pickup even works.) I have plugged my Guild with a Gretsch sound hole pickup (my avatar) into my Gretsch Electromatic tube amp, but it doesn't really sound like an acoustic guitar at all.

Meatwad

Reaction score
I usually plug into whatever system is being used where I’m playing with pretty good results.
That said.... I did just get a Boss Katana 50 a while back (which does have an acoustic channel), and although I haven’t plugged my acoustic into it yet, I’ve heard good things about ‘em.

Gonna have to try it in the next few days when I get some spare time.

TheWilly17

Reaction score
I have an early Fishman Performer Loudbox (the taller black one), amazing unit.

Kyle76

Reaction score
The Fishman Loudbox Mini will be more than enough for a bedroom player. Also has a mic input. Sound is easily good enough for a small-venue gig.

Roxy13

Reaction score
Fishman Loudbox Artist. I was between that and the Marshall and after playing both decided on the Fishman.

jaycoyoyo

I would rather be playing guitar.
Premium Member
Reaction score
I plug my acoustic into my pedalboard, which has a JHS Colour Box at the end, which goes direct into my Focusrite interface thru studio monitors.

wildhawk1

Reaction score
DI box, straight to the board.
This ^^^ is all you really need. Adjust volume and tone on guitar.

Occasionally had a lead singer that wanted a dedicated amp so they wouldn't have to rely on the monitor mix if if I was too far away on stage.

The $100 GC cure below set close by or as another mentioned acoustic channel on my Katana would keep them happy.

index.jpeg

MooCheng

Reaction score
we would probably need to know what pickup/electrics are fitted to your acoustic, if its a passive pickup or if theres a built in preamp.

I f its any help, the Taylors with ES2 go straight to an old Roland 60. The otheres are bugged with K&K bridge plate thingy's that I send through XLR Pure preamp

at home I've never needed to plug in a acoustic unless its for recording
Interestingly, I have an old Ibanez beater thats got both TRS jack and XLR built in, quacks like a duck

Stinky Kitty

Premium Member
Reaction score
SWR Strawberry Blonde when I was gigging small venues with a 12 string. In addition to the usual features, it has an XLR line out for places that had something FoH.