Ace Frehley rocking a Reissue

dyrhee

Reaction score
I love this, let's keep talking about ACE, bashing or not! It's ALL good!:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

Nippon

You looking at me?
Reaction score
PHP:
I love this, let's keep talking about ACE, bashing or not! It's ALL good!:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

Ok, I am just hanging around to see why he talks like his mouth is full of marbles.

Once I get the answer, I will move on.

Zakmichael

Reaction score
I'm watching it again right now and it's not as bad as I first thought. He just not a technical player and he seems like he's maybe not been playing much or he's on some sauce. He did remember and show some songs and techniques that the interviewer asked him to show. I'm not a huge Kiss fan but I like a few songs, but as other had mentioned, he lead to Dimebag who was a big influence on me. Ace isn't the best player but the guy is a legend and will be remembered for a long time. And I'm just a guitar enthusiast who loves to play and learn and lust over guitars. So who am I to compare anybody or judge their talent level?! I would love to have the guitar Ace is playing, I know that for a fact.

JimmyAce2006

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Again, not a KISS fan, but many of their songs have been very popular. Here is one that has been played at numerous events:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XfRjVo5wOE[/ame]

Another popular one, and some who were influenced by it are playing it - Slash, Zombie, Tommy Lee - with Ace - and this performance was Ace's first appearance with the blue burst silver sparkle LP.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JM4_QcUE-IA[/ame]

thxphotog

Reaction score
Kiss is to music what WWE is to sports. Gene and the rest are the Hulk Hogan's of rock and roll. Famous, yes. Rich, yes. A performer, yes. A musician....:laugh2:....yeah, and Hulk Hogan is a world class athlete.
Music, Professional Sports and WWE are all the same thing; 'Entertainment!" That's it!

I never defend KISS, in fact I'm usually the guy with the humorous "witty' remark about how much I dislike them, but here I feel like I can't stand by while the curb-stomping is going on. :)

I watched the entire vid and it made me happy! (made me feel better about my own playing for one, the opposite feeling I have after watching JB or Vai etc videos) But Ace just seems like a regular jolly dude at this point and could care the F&&k less about what people think and even points out the fact that he's no hot-shot player, in fact a couple times.

Ace stock went up in my book after watching that.

KenG

Reaction score
Kiss was something different back in their day, the music was fun. I enjoyed the 1st Live Album and wore the Lps out. Didn't mind Destroyer but appreciated Rock & Roll Over and Love Gun more. AFter Ace left I basically stopped keeping tabs on them as they totally changed their image and musical style.
I know Ace was never a highly technical player but he did have his own style and sound that was unique and it added some legitimacy IMO to Kiss songs whether he wrote the song or Peter or Gene did.

thatF-INGflyingVguy

Reaction score
That's just it, nobody, including myself will or can deny their marketing abilities, or the "performance" if you will. .
marketing / performance
and he'll give you the Profit and Loss statement
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9tlj3xBf5w"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9tlj3xBf5w[/ame]

Kro64

Reaction score
That was great !! Ace made me want to buy a Les Paul !!!!!

Nirvana33

Reaction score
Why so much hatred? You guys have this much spare time? Nothing better to do than hate? Go pick up one of your 42 guitars you paid for and practice.

Nippon

You looking at me?
Reaction score
Why so much hatred? You guys have this much spare time? Nothing better to do than hate? Go pick up one of your 42 guitars you paid for and practice.
Who has 42 guitars?

Latest Threads