Ace Frehley rocking a Reissue

JimmyAce2006

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Sorry, you are right...my bad. My apologies to the other 16 Ace fans here. I edited my post.
I'm an Ace fan. How do you think I got the handle JimmyAce? It is Jimmy Page and Ace Frehley. I don't make any claims to liking KISS or thinking Ace is the greatest or anything like that. Doesn't have to be all of that. I just like a lot of his guitars and a few of his solos. Plus, he's kinda funny. What does that say about my mentality?

musicmaniac

Reaction score
8 pages of jackassery...I am no big fan of Ace or Kiss but how about letting Ace fans enjoy a thread & leave out the douchey comments/immature attempts @ humor...ffs grow up folks
:applause:

freebyrd 69

Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm an Ace fan. How do you think I got the handle JimmyAce? It is Jimmy Page and Ace Frehley. I don't make any claims to liking KISS or thinking Ace is the greatest or anything like that. Doesn't have to be all of that. I just like a lot of his guitars and a few of his solos. Plus, he's kinda funny. What does that say about my mentality?
It says there are exceptions to every rule! :thumb:

purpledc

Reaction score
as an kiss and Ace fan, he sucked in the latest video clip..

many cannot or will not admit that yeah kiss had some pretty rockin tunes, because they cannot take the clown getup and the show seriously..and therefore dismiss the music.and "i am an serious blues man " and what will my friends and fellow music think if I admit I like some of the stuff they did "..

think about it
Or they just don't like the music. I was never a kiss fan. But I have listened to plenty of artists who wear makeup and have a "theme" to the band. I simply don't like their music.

leifpaul

Reaction score
Or they just don't like the music. I was never a kiss fan. But I have listened to plenty of artists who wear makeup and have a "theme" to the band. I simply don't like their music.
yes thats perfectly fine, but " they sucks ass " without anything to it,doesnt
cut it,imo.

same with the discussion of guitars,pickups and everything.

Bsthetech

Reaction score
Ace needs to make no apologies. He is Rock and Roll. Loud, Sloppy, and Fun! He was let go from KISS because of his habits and ego (also very Rock and Roll). Unfortunately those habits have cost him his nest egg and he's back schlepping gig to gig with whatever guitar Gibson fronts him. He deserves to be an icon.

Sct13

Premium Member
Reaction score
Ace needs to make no apologies. He is Rock and Roll. Loud, Sloppy, and Fun! He was let go from KISS because of his habits and ego (also very Rock and Roll). Unfortunately those habits have cost him his nest egg and he's back schlepping gig to gig with whatever guitar Gibson fronts him. He deserves to be an icon.
best answer....its only rock and roll....

And blowing your nest egg and schlepping gig to gig is also Rock and Roll :thumb:

dyrhee

Reaction score
I'm ok with all of the bashing or whatever, but please, let's get the facts straight. Not that you were bashing, but, Ace was never let go from Kiss. In fact, he was begged to stay with the band, both Gene and Paul have attested to this. He LEFT Kiss twice. And yes, there is a difference. Whether one thinks that he's a fool for leaving Kiss is a different issue. Let's not conflate them! :laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

Dilemma

Loud Pipes Ruin Naps
Reaction score
Ace threads are the forum equivalent of ringing the douchebag dinner bell.

:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

KissGuitar

Reaction score
I know some of you just get off on stirring the Ace ****pot, and hopefully someday you'll grow up.

I came into this thread hoping to see/hear the enthusiasm about a historic remake being played by a rock star.. instead, it's mostly just a bunch of ****.

I come on these forums to escape from a-holes and talk guitars.. who gives a **** if any of you can play better than Ace, think his music sucks, etc. Get a life. There's already enough negativity out there in the non-guitar world.

Ace is Ace. His sloppy playing style and sense of humor is what makes him and his playing so special.. not sure how some of you don't get that. I like Thayer as a person, and he is a better guitar player than Ace, but the problem is he can't play like Ace or hold a presence like Ace. Ace's sound and technique is what I heard in the 70's growing up, and it made me love rock and roll and guitar playing. And that should be enough. What's next, we going to start trashing each others political candidates on here? No thanks. Check you ego's and BS at the door. Don't need that here IMO.

SGMM

Reaction score
Some folks just have to shove their opinion & jackass comments into a thread whether they were asked for their opinion or not...happens way too often

freebyrd 69

Premium Member
Reaction score
I know some of you just get off on stirring the Ace ****pot, and hopefully someday you'll grow up.

I came into this thread hoping to see/hear the enthusiasm about a historic remake being played by a rock star.. instead, it's mostly just a bunch of ****.

I come on these forums to escape from a-holes and talk guitars.. who gives a **** if any of you can play better than Ace, think his music sucks, etc. Get a life. There's already enough negativity out there in the non-guitar world.

Ace is Ace. His sloppy playing style and sense of humor is what makes him and his playing so special.. not sure how some of you don't get that. I like Thayer as a person, and he is a better guitar player than Ace, but the problem is he can't play like Ace or hold a presence like Ace. Ace's sound and technique is what I heard in the 70's growing up, and it made me love rock and roll and guitar playing. And that should be enough. What's next, we going to start trashing each others political candidates on here? No thanks. Check you ego's and BS at the door. Don't need that here IMO.
Thayer, Ace...doesn't matter....both clowns in makeup posing as guitar players. I will agree with his sense of humor though, anyone willing to dress up like a chick going to prom with makeup and high heels and stand on a stage HAS to have a decent sense of humor!! :laugh2::thumb:

Trashing Ace is wide open....political posts are against forum rules, so there is that.

Sct13

Premium Member
Reaction score
Hey man...until you have tried it don't knock it....LOL :laugh2:

Makeup I mean..... :run:

northernguitarguy

SWeAT hOg
Reaction score
Ace gets trashed less because of his playing and more because he was part of a shameless org that thought selling lunch-pails was more important than making good music. I admit that towards the end of the only KISS lineup worth discussing (the WHOLE rest of the discography and history is laughable-unless we're talking coffin sales :lol:), Ace wrote the better tunes. FWIW, last Saturday after getting a wicked MUFF/flanger tone/effect going, I played the rhythm parts to Rocket Ride.

Sct13

Premium Member
Reaction score
1st album, 2nd album, 3rd album, then Alive I, Destroyer, Rock and Roll Over....I might be argued into Love Gun....but that's the cutoff for me...there are a sparse few Musically "good" songs after that....

Ace's first solo album is pretty good too...in fact it rocks....now that I think about it...

Ace was done with the makeup masquerade moving into Destroyer and maybe even before that, but he had contracts to fulfill...(barely able to for that matter) and he had enough balls to go that extra "gimmick" and it was a good move...Fans ate it up in the early years ...and still do.

I remember being real disappointed with Dynasty...

tunanut13

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing. My cousins husband was in a band with Ace ( Derrek Hawkins ) for several years. He tells some great stories about their time together. :rock::rock::rock:

northernguitarguy

SWeAT hOg
Reaction score
1st album, 2nd album, 3rd album, then Alive I, Destroyer, Rock and Roll Over....I might be argued into Love Gun....but that's the cutoff for me...there are a sparse few Musically "good" songs after that....

Ace's first solo album is pretty good too...in fact it rocks....now that I think about it...

Ace was done with the makeup masquerade moving into Destroyer and maybe even before that, but he had contracts to fulfill...(barely able to for that matter) and he had enough balls to go that extra "gimmick" and it was a good move...Fans ate it up in the early years ...and still do.

I remember being real disappointed with Dynasty...
I was ten, the year Dynasty came out. I was a huge KISS fan until then, but even as a punk, I knew I was listening to garbage. Once Unmasked came out, it was evident the fun was over. I'm thankful that for birthdays and Christmases over those years, I got Zeppelin II, The Wall, London Calling, Hot Rocks, Who's Next, and a few others.

LeftyF2003

Reaction score
One of the most fun sessions I ever got to play on was on "Rock Soldiers" for Frehley's Comet. Ace was a very cool, humble guy and really excited to try this wall of guitars on the rhythm part (which I think made the cut). And getting to hang out with Anton Fig was amazing. Not the most complicated chart I ever played, but a great time and the pizza was good. Sadly we went uncredited on the record but oh well.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMpvBzkncFs"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMpvBzkncFs[/ame]

My Les Paul Classifieds