ace epiphone

Armstrong71

Reaction score
I purchased a ace frehley Epiphone. I think the pickups are fake. There is no writing on the back plates of the pickups saying dimarzio or anything. can some one help me with this?

BadPenguin

Reaction score
Pickups may have been replaced, which happens. Also, the guitar didn't come with Dimarzios, then came with Epiphone pickups.

Armstrong71

Reaction score

northernguitarguy

SWeAT hOg
Reaction score
Thank you so much
No problem, I don't think I helped much. Lol.

Hopefully, someone might come in here with some knowledge. And I wouldn't assume they're fakes, either. The Dirty Fingers installed on the older Epi Prophecy models did indeed look like a fake. It had gold lettering, a grey shielded, 4 wire connectors and a blank baseplate, nothing like the original DF pup.

I think sometimes when pups are installed by OEM, they make them look a bit generic, maybe to discourage sales on the used market?

I dunno....but @paruwi just might!*

*Hey Pete, I hope you're doing well...cheers, mate.

jbash

Reaction score
I had a 2005 ish Sunburst version. MIK. Pickup bobbins had raised (molded) Dimarzio logo on them. Unsure of the baseplates.

Armstrong71

Reaction score
This was sold to me advertised as a ACe Frehley budokan from Guitar Center.It is far from that and There is a crack in the finish on the neck.This is twice I paid a lot for money for crap guitars from there.
oooooo.jpg

jbash

Reaction score
This was sold to me advertised as a ACe Frehley budokan from Guitar Center.It is far from that and There is a crack in the finish on the neck.This is twice I paid a lot for money for crap guitars from there.View attachment 472523
According to the Epi link above, the Budokan would have block inlays like a regular Custom. Looks like you have a regular space ace model there.

ns2a

Reaction score
This was sold to me advertised as a ACe Frehley budokan from Guitar Center.It is far from that and There is a crack in the finish on the neck.This is twice I paid a lot for money for crap guitars from there.View attachment 472523
How much did you pay?
If you don’t like it take it back.

I’m pretty sure the original model you have is worth more than the Boudokan. Besides, didn’t you see the pics?

Armstrong71

Reaction score
How much did you pay?
If you don’t like it take it back.

I’m pretty sure the original model you have is worth more than the Boudokan. Besides, didn’t you see the pics?
thank you

According to the Epi link above, the Budokan would have block inlays like a regular Custom. Looks like you have a regular space ace model there.

ns2a

Reaction score
Willies sold one for $1400 last fall. Not sure if yours has the case or papers.

GC has a great return policy though.

Latest Threads