Accurate 50s Custom headstock drawings?

Joe Desperado

Reaction score
Does anyone have an accurate 50s Custom headstock drawing? PM me or send email.

Thanks.
Joe

pshupe

Reaction score
Not sure where I got it or whether it's accurate but here is a pdf of a Les Paul Custom.
Les Paul Custom-dwg.JPG

Probably from the German guitar website

Cheers Peter.

Attachments

• GibsonLesPaulCustom-metric2.pdf
    456.6 KB · Views: 23

Brek

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
if what i read is correct, to be period correct the head stock 'mustache' is not symmetrical, don't know if anyones ever made a template like that.

pshupe

Reaction score
if what i read is correct, to be period correct the head stock 'mustache' is not symmetrical, don't know if anyones ever made a template like that.
I have heard that multiple times, mainly from Emerald guitar guys. I would question that. I know quite a few people that have had multiple bursts in hand and I am not convinced that it is a "consistent" detail.

Remember these things weren't created with great accuracy. They were mass produced in a factory setting. Back in the day it could have just as easily been chairs or other wood objects they were making. The bottom line was $$$.

Cheers Peter.

Bainzy

Reaction score
This thread is really helpful and matches with other measurements I've seen posted elsewhere online https://www.mylespaul.com/threads/lpc-headstocks.121653/

I've been meaning to make a drawing from it at some point, by adjusting a tracing of an LP standard headstock.

Would be nice to have a confirmed measurements for the block inlays as well.

jrjrdiablo

Reaction score
I actually did this drawing a few years ago. Didnt know it got distributed around..,I had an email addess on the drawing, someone must have removed it at some time.

Yes the inlays for the neck & headstock were a just a trace of a scaled photo (as best to my ability). I didnt have a real guitar to actually physcially trace & measure.
I do have a custom now & I'll try tracing it soon.
But if anyone has real measurements or a trace as well, I can revise the original drawing.

switchcraft

Reaction score

Latest Threads