Absolutely stumped.

Wesner477

Reaction score
What would make the selector switch work fine for treble and both pups but and in rhythm both pups are on. I’ve checked and double checked every connection and was assembled using Seymour Duncan wiring diagram for single conductor wiring. My leads from the switch are black for output jack, green for the neck, red for the bridge and white to ground. My pups are soldered to their respective pots and the conductor is to the bottom lug, neck wire is green, bridge is red. Both caps go from bottom lug on volumes to the bottom lug on the tone. Top lugs on the volume side are grounded to the pot and center lugs on the tone. The black wire goes from the 2 tabs on the front of the switch to the to the hot side of the output jack and the ground goes from the ground lug to the bridge tone pot. Please let me know if you need pix or clarification. I’m struggling with the pix. Keeps saying too large to post. Balls. Thanks to all you geniuses on this forum. I’m not looking for other diagrams.

EpiLP1985

They call me Derek.
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
What would make the selector switch work fine for treble and both pups but and in rhythm both pups are on. I’ve checked and double checked every connection and was assembled using Seymour Duncan wiring diagram for single conductor wiring. My leads from the switch are black for output jack, green for the neck, red for the bridge and white to ground. My pups are soldered to their respective pots and the conductor is to the bottom lug, neck wire is green, bridge is red. Both caps go from bottom lug on volumes to the bottom lug on the tone. Top lugs on the volume side are grounded to the pot and center lugs on the tone. The black wire goes from the 2 tabs on the front of the switch to the to the hot side of the output jack and the ground goes from the ground lug to the bridge tone pot. Please let me know if you need pix or clarification. I’m struggling with the pix. Keeps saying too large to post. Balls. Thanks to all you geniuses on this forum. I’m not looking for other diagrams.
I have the same issue posting from my newer IPhone because the new Apple Picture format is such high resolution that the files are huge.

Do you have an older IPad or can you transfer the pictures to a computer and post them? Pictures are really helpful in these situations.

Side Burns

#==€@)
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hit the text on my the bottom of phone.

Tap: Show Selected

C6EDB55B-422E-4CE3-8ECC-99ED03092942.jpeg

Now tap:Actual Size
C20CA645-A41E-44DB-8AE5-FB057B215AFA.jpeg

And here you can reduce the size
5999D4DC-DC61-4BBB-B61C-EF5466CE1941.jpeg

dmac in SC

Platinum Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Or you could just up load the Pics to Imagur and post the link here. It works great, and it's free.

Crotch

Triggered
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Screenshots also work. Take pic, Screen shot pic.

Rocco Crocco

Reaction score
So the middle position and rhythm position sound the same? Could be a mechanical issue with the switch where the bridge pickup is failing to disconnect from the circuit when in the rhythm postion.

EpiLP1985

They call me Derek.
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
So the middle position and rhythm position sound the same? Could be a mechanical issue with the switch where the bridge pickup is failing to disconnect from the circuit when in the rhythm postion.
Or the lead in the middle position is touching the neck lead and/or contact. Also, maybe some solder has bridged the two.

GitFiddle

Reaction score
Or the lead in the middle position is touching the neck lead and/or contact. Also, maybe some solder has bridged the two.
Was going to suggest this very thing ^^^
I once had a similar problem. Tried looking at the solder joints on my pots with a very bright light and powerful magnifying glass. There was one or two strands of the wire that were making contact with the solder on the other tab.

Latest Threads