about to go insane.

mobprop667

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
damn, the last two weeks have been kicking my ass. i am just typing this stuff out because it is the only way i can think to process all of it, and my brain has turned to mush.
first the good bit:
my wife has been called back for second interviews back in the states in my home state for two jobs. if one of these pans out, we will most likely move back to the usa after being away for 12years. it will be very exciting.

now the horrible stuff:
a very dear friend of mine who beat a brain tumor last year, now has another one and it has been killing her over the last month, and now she has 2 weeks to live and there is nothing anyone can do about it. no radio, no chemo, no surgery. this is it. this woman is one of the most amazing people i have ever known, and her husband is also a good friend of mine. these people deserve to grow old together and now they are both going through this hell. it truly breaks my heart.
also, a few days ago, my mother in law was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. very low survival rate, especially for a woman in her 80's. a great lady who will be missed when she goes. this is going to be really tough on my wife especially with the new job possibilities 3000 miles away.

the last couple of weeks have been rather tough, because we havent been able to discuss the chance of moving with anyone, as it could jeoprodise both of the jobs that we currently have, so we have had to keep it all to ourselves until something develops.
sorry for the rant, i am just under an insane amount of stress and had to let it out.
thanks for listening.

NimrodPiles

Reaction score
I have no words of wisdom but you do have my sympathies and best wishes.

Piles.

michaelinokc

Reaction score
Sorry to hear about the illnesses of those close to you. I'll keep them, as well as you and your wife in my prayers.

And best of luck to your wife on her second interview.

Gyroman

Reaction score
I can't like this post for obvious reasons; but I can tell you that the people you are about to lose have obviously made a great impact on your life, and most likely the lives of many, if not most of the people they've met in their journey.

It's hard to say goodbye, and even harder to understand why they can be taken from you, but what you need to do is cherish the fact that they existed at all; and above all, make sure that if you get the chance to tell them how special they are, DO it. Don't be shy or embarrassed, tell 'em right out. You'll thank yourself down the line.

We can't change fate or destiny; we can only appreciate what and who we are allowed to experience in our lives, and it is human nature to mourn that passing when we should be celebrating the fact that we had those chances at all.

Thoughts are with you...

NeptuneBlue

Reaction score
There's nothing worse than waiting for inevitable tragedy... I'm so sorry

Wishing you the best

Roberteaux

Super Mod
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about the bad news, Mob.

Hoping for the best for you when it comes to the good stuff.

--R

So What

Reaction score
Be there for each other.

It's all you can do.

I wish you the best.

Bigfoot410

I'll have a sammich!
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Prayers sent for comfort and strength.

We can't have highs in life without some lows. We would never know when to smile. Very sorry that this your low time.

mobprop667

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
it has been a real rollercoaster the last couple of weeks. one minute up, and the next minute down.
as most of you who know me know i suffer from chronic depression, this has been a real mess for me, and then when i get overwhelmed, i feel bad for feeling bad when others are dying...and it goes into a vicious circle.
feeling bad, then feeling selfish for feeling bad.
a few more weeks, and inevitable conclusions will be reached, grieving will start and healing will begin.
hopefully there will be good news on the job front for my wife, and then i can go on the job search in western maryland.
i am just a real mess right now.
again,thanks for hearing me out.

Rich

Non sequitur
Reaction score
Sorry about all the troubles, man. I know there's not much I can say that will cheer you up but I things will get better.

tazzboy

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about the bad news mob. It does suck.

LtDave32

Desert Star Guitars
Super Mod
Silver Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Sad state of affairs, Kevin. So sorry for your situation.

Wishes for improvement and good vibes sent your way, bro.

Frettter

Reaction score
I'm sorry for the troubles that you and your wife are having. My prayers go out to you, your wife, your mother in law and your friend.

My Brother in Law whom I consider my brother and a close friend had surgery last week to remove a tumor from the center of his brain. At this very moment he is undergoing follow up surgery to repair leakage of brain fluid through his nose.

His tumor was discovered at Balboa Navy Regional Hospital in San Diego. They wanted to remove it by removing his skull cap and separating the lobes and cutting from the top. A very risky procedure; he stood a good chance of dying on the table and a better chance of losing his functions or becoming a vegetable.

He went for a second opinion with Dr. Black (world's top Neurosurgeon)at Cedars Sanai in Hollywood. Dr. Black has a new procedure that involved going arthoscopically through the nose, a much safer method with fewer risks. He came out of the surgery with no loss of any functions as yet. Only problem that he had was the brain fluid leaks which he is currently in surgery for.

I tell you all this in hopes that your friend may yet find a viable solution for her condition.

As I pray for mine, I pray for yours. God's speed.

Skintaster

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your friend and. Mother in law. My sympathies.

HenryHill

Reaction score
Sometimes it just be's like that, Mob.

I'm sorry for the pain you must feel, and I wish you and the wife the best in your new opportunities.

Tim Fezziwig

Reaction score
Mob, when I get down I picture the absurdity of our existence; spinning on a lush ball in space. We have very little control. In 100 years everybody we know will be gone, thus ,I try to enjoy the "novelty" of my life, I breathe and take in the temporary sights, nothing else can be done, life is very fragile.

Leendrix

The Cheeky One
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I'm so sorry Kevin... That all combined is a hell of a lot to deal with.

When all is said and done, I hope you all can feel good about how things are.

Kalamazuu

Reaction score
Sorry to hear it man,

But I hope the job thing goes well.

Latest Threads