About The Knobs

zanshin777

Reaction score
I want to change Speed knobs on my Les Paul. I want to put Gold Top Hat Knobs with Metal Insert.

1) Are there Gold Top Hat Knobs With Silver Metal Insert by Gibson

2) What are the knobs on the pictures?

a) Gold Top Hat Knobs with Silver Metal Insert
b) Gold Top Hat Knobs with Gold Metal Insert

Attachments

• Amber Zebra.jpg
    Amber Zebra.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 104
  • Honey Zebra 2.jpg
    Honey Zebra 2.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 111
  • Slash.jpg
    Slash.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 83
  • Slash 2.jpg
    Slash 2.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 95

Kamen_Kaiju

smiling politely as they dream of savage things
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
all LP's sound better with Reflector knobs. :D

RocketKing

Reaction score
Speed Knobs don't get that much love do they?
I kind of prefer Tophats, but I must say I really don't mind the speed knobs on my Trad:yesway:

phins74

Reaction score
I too am considering pulling the speed knobs off the Traditional honeyburst and put gold top hats on....

Pwrmac7600

Reaction score

I will also recommend these, I have already bought 2 set of the gold with silver, and 1 set of the black with silver from them, and they are great. I have always been a speed knob guy because standard tophats feel to small to me, harder to grip on the fly, but reflector top hats on the other hand, are taller and have a little larger diameter and are actually very comfortable, and nice in between. I am now in the process of changing all my Les Pauls over to reflectors.:dude:

Prometheus

Reaction score
Fixed for you man :naughty:
As a man who loves mammaries, I approve of those knobs! Preferably pressed against my face. After all, I need to make sure they are functioning properly both tone and volume wise, it takes time to tune in woman tone after all :naughty:

hoes are extremely nice knobs! but I don't know that I would want to be speedy with them....:naughty:

Pwrmac7600

Reaction score
:lol: I didn't even realize i did that, but I think that photo just completely hijacked this thread!!! :wow::wow::wow::drool::thumbs:

Fixed for you man :naughty:
As a man who loves mammaries, I approve of those knobs! Preferably pressed against my face. After all, I need to make sure they are functioning properly both tone and volume wise, it takes time to tune in woman tone after all :naughty:

foxtrot

Reaction score
I put top hats on my Traditional first day I had it :D. I went with Gold with gold inserts since Gibson doesn't sell gold with silver. They look pretty good with my Iced Tea finish:

14551306378_c803f59767.jpg

93LPStudio

Reaction score
ABSOLUTELY! These knobs could get one into trouble hehe :naughty:

preamp

Reaction score
My kind of trouble....WOOF!
Now, what was I going to say..ah yes!
I find trying to read the numbers on the speed knobs hard under stage lighting, where as gold tophats with silver inserts and nickel/chrome pointers to be much easier under all kinds of lighting.
Plus, they look much better, the original knobs.
(which one's vol and which one's tone?...which one's pink?)