About the 2018 Les Paul BFG

LPCM&BFG

Reaction score
Well, I just finished an hour of playing my 2018 BFG HH...

I really, really, really don't understand why there is so much hate for these 2018 BFGs.

Yeah, they're not the same as the ones from a decade ago, they're different, who cares? Stop living in the past. It is rougher in some spots (the maple top) and smoother in others (the back of the neck). Ok the pickups are different too.. but I can't think of anything better to make my Orange amp / Palmer 2x12 sing (and my neighbours' ears bleed) than the 498r and 500t that Gibson put in this guitar. Man does it SCREAM when encouraged!

Sure, mine has a few "unfinished" areas... The fretboard is not polished to a shine, in fact it has the occasional ding... The body is rough.. the neck has streaking in it that goes nearer the wood in some parts.. but that is a ALL PART OF FUGGING EXPERIENCE OF PLAYING IT! And man what an experience it is. A real man's guitar.... Not some gay-arsed über polished safe queen... A Real Man's Playing Guitar....

Daniel.S

Reaction score
Well, I just finished an hour of playing my 2018 BFG HH...

I really, really, really don't understand why there is so much hate for these 2018 BFGs.

Yeah, they're not the same as the ones from a decade ago, they're different, who cares? Stop living in the past. It is rougher in some spots (the maple top) and smoother in others (the back of the neck). Ok the pickups are different too.. but I can't think of anything better to make my Orange amp / Palmer 2x12 sing (and my neighbours' ears bleed) than the 498r and 500t that Gibson put in this guitar. Man does it SCREAM when encouraged!

Sure, mine has a few "unfinished" areas... The fretboard is not polished to a shine, in fact it has the occasional ding... The body is rough.. the neck has streaking in it that goes nearer the wood in some parts.. but that is a ALL PART OF FUGGING EXPERIENCE OF PLAYING IT! And man what an experience it is. A real man's guitar.... Not some gay-arsed über polished safe queen... A Real Man's Playing Guitar....
Alrighty then.

mudface

Non-Deadbeat/Non-Prominent
Double Platinum Supporter
Premium Member
Reaction score
:photos::photos: Oh Yeah,.... don't forget the :photos:

Threads like this are just gay without:photos: Maybe some good :photos: would peak interest in the BFGs.

Only if we had a Pic.:dunno:

Last edited:

LPCM&BFG

Reaction score
Yeah, I need to take photos of my BFG and CM... something to do on the weekend !

Slashperryburst

Reaction score
Tim pretty much hit the nail on the head. The original BFGs weren't popular at the time either, but they had their fans. The 2018s will also have their fans, but since they were somewhat limited in comparison to the originals, you might not meet many.

Yeah, I need to take photos of my BFG and CM... something to do on the weekend !

What is a LP CM, anyway?

MSB

Reaction score
What is a LP CM, anyway?
Chick Magnet.... or carved maple. single pickup, carved top, belly cut, thin body, a really underrated model

these came out after the '14 melody makers and have a few things in common if you're familiar with that model. Both of which are excellent guitars

MSB

Reaction score
If you like something and others don't... LET THEM. then its just cheaper when you want to go on that ride again.

LPCM&BFG

Reaction score
Tim pretty much hit the nail on the head. The original BFGs weren't popular at the time either, but they had their fans. The 2018s will also have their fans, but since they were somewhat limited in comparison to the originals, you might not meet many.

What is a LP CM, anyway?
True.. I am a fan though!

This is a CM:

LPCM15SESN1_MAIN_HERO_01.jpg

It's a bit of an odd one, but man is it nice to play!

Mahogany body with a maple cap, and a "belly carve" on the back (photo below). The whole body is half as thick as a regular Les Paul. But, there is zero weight relief, so it feels kind of heavy.

A rosewood fretboard on top of a rounded maple neck that is probably the best feeling neck I have ever had on a Gibson.

A single 61 Zebra pickup, with a tone and volume knob.

The only drawback I see is the combo stop-tail and bridge, but there are solutions for that.

LPCM15SESN1_BODY_FRONT_BACK.jpg

LPCM&BFG

Reaction score