Abbey Road Rediscovered

sidepartings26

Reaction score
I am listening to Abbey Road for the first time in ages, it is BLOWING MY MIND. I always think of the white album as being 'genious' but man it's GENIOUS. Particularly the second half Because, You never give me your money, sun king, mean mr mustard, polythene pam, she came in through the bathroom window, golden slumbers. The way they all link, the clever twists and turns. It's insane. I can't believe I was reading John Paul Jones is more talented than McCartney in one of the backstage threads. It's just amazing. I want to open the front door and shout about it. How did I neglect it for so long.

Duane24

Reaction score
beatles song writing is about as advanced as it gets, someone posted on here a whole big documentary about how they used elements of classical music composition in their song writing, they were way way way way way ahead of their time then and now.

Beatles ROCK!

Benjammin

Reaction score
Abbey Road, Revolver and the White Album for my favorites. I think Abbey Road is the real masterpeice though, everything and everyone came together wonderfully

QuicksilverSS

Reaction score
ABBEY ROAD.....One of the BEST albums EVER!!

It's cool to follow them through the innocent-to the drug influenced years and see the difference in music,hair and clothing style and the effects drugs had on those styles right up to the marriage years and into the end of the Beatles. It all happened in just in what,5-6 years.....so many changes..so little time. Their music changed time and time changed their music.
What an iconic band....never again will a band have so much influence on so many levels.

zontar

Reaction score
From the time I first heard it, it was my favorite Beatles album.

Lots of nice guitar work, I especially like I Want You (She's So Heavy) and the end of side two--including Her Majesty.

Latest Threads