Abandon the sub forum

acstorfer

Reaction score
Not a bad idea. Of course when Norlin era Gibsons are posted in the Gibson Les Paul section, some complain about it. Also, while at the Gibson section, while they rave and applaud every modern (Henry era) Gibson Les Paul, while I've kind of observed our Les Pauls often get ignored. Even being stuck in the basement, for the most part this is our safe haven from many of the haters. Of course we still get our share of haters :p

acstorfer

Reaction score
Do you have a Norlin-era Les Paul?

BB
Ha! Are you saying he's a trouble maker????
Please read the above sentence in purple!!!!

I'm assuming you're just asking for him to post it.
:)

RUPRECHT

Reaction score
I certainly do, 1981 LP custom in Heritage Cherry Sunburst with one hell of a volute!!!!

b-squared

Banned
Reaction score
Just curious, that's all.

I myself have a 1976 Les Paul Custom. :D

1981 LPC

Reaction score
Eeeeeeew.

By the way, that guy in the poster looks like forum member Freddy G (sorry Freddy).

Boleskinehouse

Reaction score
Why? This is the best, and ONLY resource for these guitars anywhere.

dwagar, myself and others didn't beg, rally and fight for this area to see it taken down.

And what's with all this, "We're not calling them Norlins anymore." ? Why the hell not? There is no question they are Gibsons.. It's easier than saying "Norlin era Gibsons" or "Gibson made between '69 and '86"..

I doubt people are really all that confused.

blakem

Reaction score
Why? This is the best, and ONLY resource for these guitars anywhere.

dwagar, myself and others didn't beg, rally and fight for this area to see it taken down.

And what's with all this, "We're not calling them Norlins anymore." ? Why the hell not? There is no question they are Gibsons.. It's easier than saying "Norlin era Gibsons" or "Gibson made between '69 and '86"..

I doubt people are really all that confused.

YES!!! :dude:

Lowdown

Reaction score
Agreed.
Even though though I don't have a pimple on my bum neck Norlin,I appreciate them just as much as any Gib LP lover...to an extent, Sorry,habit.

Bring it the hell back!

What's with all the hiding all the sub forums lately?

And while we're at it,also bring back the Aussie Sellers sub forum!

Leumas

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
You can't make something for 60 years and not have differences. Vintage Pauls are different from Norlins are different from Juskiewiczs. It's a nice way to get specifics that pertain to a particular era of guitar.

I vote we ADD a Juskiewicz sub-forum.

Boleskinehouse

Reaction score
You can't make something for 60 years and not have differences. Vintage Pauls are different from Norlins are different from Juskiewiczs. It's a nice way to get specifics that pertain to a particular era of guitar.

I vote we ADD a Juskiewicz sub-forum.

The current era will looked upon in bewilderment by future Gibson enthusiasts as something even more FUBAR than Norlin. :laugh2: Baked Mapple, Richlite and Shitbird Xs. :shock::laugh2:

acstorfer

Reaction score
Now take into consideration the following was posted in the Norlin era sub-section

I meant the majority of the ones I've seen/played (40-50+). Not in general.

I will admit that there were/are a few great ones, but when you have to go through 100+ guitars to find one that is relatively close to good, somethings definitely not right.

Could you imagine the carnage that would happen in the Gibson Les Paul section? :p

Boleskinehouse

Reaction score
I haven't even played 100+ Norlins and I've been trying to learn them for 20 years. :laugh2:

100s of guitars, easily.. 100s of Norlins? Not even close.

Latest Threads