aaaaand some knucklehead STOLE an airplane from Seatac airport and took off

Zungle

Reaction score
Very scary for people in the south sound....

My wife and I had just come in from doing some yard work when....bam,boom,rumble....whole house bouncing.

We got hit directly by a sonic wave....biggest one or closest I've ever heard....We're about 20-25 miles due south southeast of JBLM in the foothills.

The Airforce deployed at least 2 F-15's to intercept and redirect....

Initially thinking an earthquake was hitting us I had to almost hold my wife down....she was losing it....she gets amped easily with this type of stuff.

Here's some live info.....

https://www.thv11.com/article/news/live-stolen-airplane-has-crashed-in-puget-sound/281-582563371

Last edited:

Zungle

Reaction score

cjpeck

Reaction score
yeah, I'm glad that they flipped the take off vector back to the south this morning. I'm directly under the flight plath to the north (capitol hil)

redjunior

Ooooh, the colors....
Premium Member
Reaction score
News says the guy was suicidal.... Coupla f15's were after it...

We saw it earlier here in Auburn... guy was flying low...

Scary...

Zungle

Reaction score
[
News says the guy was suicidal.... Coupla f15's were after it...

We saw it earlier here in Auburn... guy was flying low...

Scary...
Did you get a chance to see the flight pattern ?...circled Ketron over a dozen times before going down.

redjunior

Ooooh, the colors....
Premium Member
Reaction score
No, we are up here in Auburn, did see the F15's though....

Think it was a commuter plane.

RAG7890

Premium Member
Reaction score
I just heard on the news that an F15 shot him down.

If this is correct he would have been asked to land a number of times & if he disregarded this request he would be shot down, which is pretty much standard procedure these days.

:cheers2:

RAG7890

Premium Member
Reaction score
Just watched the news again now & I heard his last conclversation. Basically said I’m going to do one more barrel roll & then call it a night. Shortly after that he went nose down in to the ground.

Reports say he was suicidal etc.

At least he went nose down in a remote area.

:cheers2:

toymaker

Reaction score
I dont know - listening to the audio pre crash and watching the moves he had - hard to believe the guy had no experience or capability of landing the craft.

On one hand I think its sad, he irresponsibly placed innocent people at risk of harm, caused a mass panic and a life ended too short.....on the other, how damn much respect would this guy have had if he had walked away telling his story in prison...nothing gets respect like a good ole "screw authority" story.

It makes you wonder if the crash was result of pilot action/skill - or was it an outside force (aka being shot down by a fighter jet) once they knew they were clear of any civilians below.