A word about deleted/locked threads..

Status
Not open for further replies.

colchar

Banned
Reaction score
For the record, I didn't get a tote bag. Shit, I didn't even get a lousy air freshener. And with the Friggster stinking up that thread an air freshener is sorely needed :naughty:

Tone deaf

Reaction score
He made a lady from his own rib. Now that's somethin'.

Eve: "Adam, what is that you are poking me with...back there?"
Adam: "I'm just trying to give you my rib."
Eve: "Adam, that isn't your rib."
Adam: "Oh. Can I still give it to you?"

Barcham

Elitist Club Member
Reaction score
I was reading about "disemvowling", which is a tool that so e mods use on Internet forums.

It's a little program that allows them to let troublesome posters continue to post, but it strips the vowls from everything they write.
.... :)

There are a number of various tools and mods available for the Vbulletin software to aid moderators in their job but they are not part of Vbulletin when you buy it. They have to be downloaded and installed and maintained. I recently set up a board and installed a good number of mods, one happens to give moderators the ability to ban someone from one thread or section of the board only. So if someone starts to take a thread off track, you ban him from the thread. Another creates a thread automatically when someone is banned, listing the handle and all the details of the ban for everyone to see. Yet another makes all members' ignore lists public and another allows a moderator to place a member on another members ignore list to calm things down.

The number of modifications for Vbulletin software is incredible.

But moderators cannot install or configure these 'mods' to the software, only a super administrator can. This requires considerable work to find the right products to install, getting them installed and making sure they don't crash the board. Some are free and some have to be purchased. Then you have to make sure the moderators can and will use them properly.

Setting up, maintaining and running a board takes a lot more work than most people realize.

Mindfrigg

Reaction score
For the record, I didn't get a tote bag. Shit, I didn't even get a lousy air freshener. And with the Friggster stinking up that thread an air freshener is sorely needed :naughty:
Not my fault. You didn't go through channels. We usually vote on membership. Plus, your check bounced.

And hey...you were the one not showering for days.:cool:

I think we all know where 'that smell' was coming from.

Harrumph!

ehb

Chief Discombobulator
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, it's getting warm now so y'all can hang the soap on a rope back on the tree... Bound to rain again sometime...

colchar

Banned
Reaction score
There are a number of various tools and mods available for the Vbulletin software to aid moderators in their job but they are not part of Vbulletin when you buy it. They have to be downloaded and installed and maintained. I recently set up a board and installed a good number of mods, one happens to give moderators the ability to ban someone from one thread or section of the board only. So if someone starts to take a thread off track, you ban him from the thread. Another creates a thread automatically when someone is banned, listing the handle and all the details of the ban for everyone to see. Yet another makes all members' ignore lists public and another allows a moderator to place a member on another members ignore list to calm things down.

The number of modifications for Vbulletin software is incredible.

But moderators cannot install or configure these 'mods' to the software, only a super administrator can. This requires considerable work to find the right products to install, getting them installed and making sure they don't crash the board. Some are free and some have to be purchased. Then you have to make sure the moderators can and will use them properly.

Setting up, maintaining and running a board takes a lot more work than most people realize.

One of the best tricks is to make the offending poster's posts invisible. So they keep on posting thinking that everyone can see their posts but, in reality, nobody can. It would be funny to see how long it took people to catch on to what was happening to their posts.

colchar

Banned
Reaction score
Not my fault. You didn't go through channels. We usually vote on membership.

The mighty Schnidney, or Sir Fard of the Yard, invited me so
sgiving-the-finger_100-110.gif

Plus, your check bounced.

What is this 'check' you speak of? Here in the civilized world, where we speak something approximating proper English, we use cheques.

I think we all know where 'that smell' was coming from.

From whisky bottles and brand new cars?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDB-yswOrzc]Lynyrd Skynyrd - That Smell - YouTube[/ame]

Thermionik

Banned
Reaction score
Spoke with Juan Starr today.
He said Mindfrigg was cool.
What does HE know.
Nada.....

:thumb: Oh - and vis-a-vis the pot/kettle/black thing.....
It was not the colour, Frank... it was the pot.
If you know what I am saying. :D

ehb

Chief Discombobulator
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounds mighty conspicuous to me..... mighty conspicuous...

Mindfrigg

Reaction score
Spoke with Juan Starr today.
He said Mindfrigg was cool.
What does HE know.
Nada.....
I
:thumb: Oh - and vis-a-vis the pot/kettle/black thing.....
It was not the colour, Frank... it was the pot.
If you know what I am saying. :D
Now I'm really confused.

Pot...leads to kettle chips....makes sense though I guess.

ehb

Chief Discombobulator
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Spent some time in a school up there and loved it. Hosers are pretty much like us rednecks down here. (I didn't say hicks. Us rednecks don't even understand hicks.) They love beer too...that's a big plus in my book... :)

Mindfrigg

Reaction score
Oh. I thought a hoser was somebody that pissed on campfires.

Live and learn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads