A (very) fast demo of my Marshall Studio Vintage (Mini Plexi) cranked...

Del Rei

Reaction score
Hi there!

Recorded this today... \o/

Settings:
Presence: 10
Bass: 2
Middle: 2
Treble: 5 (8 on the solo track)
High Treble: 10
Normal: 0 (not jumped)

Used my attenuator (Two Notes Captor 8) for -20dB and my isobox (Creamback65 inside + Shure SM57 + AKG P170). Added some reverb at Reaper.

Also, if anyone is interested in the isolated raw tracks...
But it's basically the same without reverb (as I record with the isobox, the sound gets kind of "boxy"). For the mix I run a Low/High pass filter EQ in the tracks, to avoid some low/high end frequencies messing with the drum/bass. Also I tried to double the tracks, but as I'm not playing for a long time, I couldn't make it right (shame...). So, I set the doubled guitar in very very low volume.

There's one thing to consider. When I record to make a music (mixing) I set the tone a little brighter than when I record just some isolated guitars. In my opinion, the guitar in a mix needs a bit of brightness to pop up better.

Noam Bukowski

Reaction score
Sounds sick. I had a SV20C for a little while. Couldn't get along with it, had to sell it.

I bet if I'd had my Gibson back than though, and if I had an attenuator...the amp might've stayed a bit longer :)

Del Rei

Reaction score
Sounds sick. I had a SV20C for a little while. Couldn't get along with it, had to sell it.
I bet if I'd had my Gibson back than though, and if I had an attenuator...the amp might've stayed a bit longer :)
Thanks Noam! :)
Yeah, this little beast works much better with an attenuator. It's very very loud...
Nice amp!

heartburn

Reaction score
Great tone and playing as well

One of your other demos pushed me over the edge to go ahead and pick up one of the SV20H. I ordered the snakeskin and have been impatiently waiting on it for a while, I think I ordered around Mother's Day. Anyway, great to hear you getting along with it and getting some great tone out of it.

Del Rei

Reaction score
Great tone and playing as well

One of your other demos pushed me over the edge to go ahead and pick up one of the SV20H. I ordered the snakeskin and have been impatiently waiting on it for a while, I think I ordered around Mother's Day. Anyway, great to hear you getting along with it and getting some great tone out of it.
Thanks, man!
I really love this amp! :)
Hop you like it as well... But be prepared to play it loud or get an attenuator... LOL

Latest Threads