A toast to man's best friend.

R8R6Ben

Reaction score
Ok here are my little buddies

Here is Banana Pancake, she was a Christmas present from me to my wife a few years ago. She's has to be the center of attention... all the time.

P8174711.jpg

This is my buddy Green Peter :) We got him so Banana wouldn't be lonely while we were at work or school.

PB022629.jpg

Here are Maeda-San and Ueda-San... they were abandoned in Tokyo and my wife and her brothers took the 5 hour trip to get one of them (Maeda) and the other just kept following them so they took her too. When her parents moved to a new place they asked us if we would take them since we have a huge house with a big yard.

Maeda
P9264945.jpg

Ueda
P1234110.jpg

Ue and Pete are my buddies since they are the laid back ones and Mae and Banana are my wifes followers... theya re the primadonnas lol.

Phil47uk

Reaction score
What a great bunch of pics of some really lovely dogs.:dude::dude:...:applause:

I bet most of you here are a real bunch of softies at heart?

Notice not many northern English have come forward with pics. This is mainly because many are not pet people, other than someone like Drude who keeps ferrets. Vasco is just not the type of person to own a dog, nor would probably be allowed too if animal welfare rights ever got wind. Too loud..Too aggresive.

redcoats1976

Reaction score
With all the scum and parasites that are floating around these days breaking into properties and stealing things in general it's peace of mind living in the country with two big German Shepherds.
We haven't got guns over here in Blighty, but then nor does the average petty criminal, so that cancels itself out, but dogs go one better, as they let you know well in advance before anyone even gets near your property, let alone into it and also guard when you are not at home.
When I approach people with my two, they immediately clear a path, almost as if you had two crocodiles on a leash.:laugh2:
As one little shit said standing with his hoody pals on a street corner in a local town some years ago as I was walking by .. " Does it bite mate? " with a smirk on his face. I just stopped, looked him with a smile and said quitely ." Only when I tell him son" Boy! That soon wiped the silly smirk from his face.
Another guy jokingly said. "Wow ! You have some nice guitars Phil I'll have to come and unload you of a few one night".
" Wonderful" I replied. " I take it you like grapes?"
" Like grapes"? he said with a puzzled look on his face. " Why grapes?"
" Well that’s what you normally bring people in hospital isn't it, coz I'll be coming to visit you when you are having your arse sewn back on".
" My dogs have free run of the house day and night and you certainly wouldn't want a combination of about 2,000lb of bite locking on to your scrawny little derriere would you?"

A weird guy once passed our cottage whilst everyone was out except my wife. She took no notice until she went to the back door to put some rubbish out and saw him leering at her through the window. She just instinctively called our old male ( Now passed on ) Kaiser!!
Old Kaiser flew to her side, took one look at this guy and nearly broke the door off its hinges trying to get at him. My wife said she'd never seen someone run so fast up the road.
Another of my old bitches, also passed on saved my wife when a nutter tried to open her car door in a country lane when she was at a red light.
Old Maxie was asleep on the back seat and got up as he grabbed the door handle.. He made a quick exit too as she rocked the car trying to bite him.
Luckily I didn't happen to be there, coz I would have opened the door and told her to seize him as he was running. Either that or I would have run him down.:laugh2:
Yes, my Shepherds are expensive to keep, but boy are they worth every penny as friends and loyal family companions.

A toast to man's best friend...:dude:

Kaiser and Maxie. Now sadly departed from this world..
KaiserandMaxie.jpg

And my current two.

Django

VZQUO-DjangoL1.jpg

And Inka
Inka2.jpg

DajngoInka.jpg

I have some pics of our first German shepherd Max from way back , but I'll have to scan some old pics.
Boy! He was a bruiser. He would would sit in the garden with my daughter when she was small and if anyone came in the garden he would put himself between her and whoever it was.

I just hate losing them. On both ocassions with my old shepherds I have had to leave the room quickly to grab some kleenex when the vet had given them the final injection. They just looked at me lovingly with those big brown eyes and then they gently closed. ...God I just lost it,
Do men cry.. You bet they do..

yes they do.lost my lab/chow mix cujo almost 5 years ago.i still miss him even though i have a lab/dobie mix and a shepherd/rottie mix now.of course they have full house/couch priveledges and i would hate to be the person that tried to break in...

mrpesca

Reaction score
Dufus 1 and dufus 2. Not their real names but appropriate. Banished to the back yard never to see the interior of the house. (Not my rule) They do have quite comfy digs outdoors though and sleep in a nice warm building out back.

100_2923.jpg

The kings and queens that can do no wrong. Complete access to all of the house including my bed. (Again, not my rule. As you can see I am not the rulemaker:laugh2:)

100_2922.jpg

Phil47uk

Reaction score
yes they do.lost my lab/chow mix cujo almost 5 years ago.i still miss him even though i have a lab/dobie mix and a shepherd/rottie mix now.of course they have full house/couch priveledges and i would hate to be the person that tried to break in...

I know what you mean redcoats. My wife still bursts into tears if you start talking about old Maxie.. She went everywhere with my wife.

Phil47uk

Reaction score
Dufus 1 and dufus 2. Not their real names but appropriate. Banished to the back yard never to see the interior of the house. (Not my rule) They do have quite comfy digs outdoors though and sleep in a nice warm building out back.

100_2923.jpg

The kings and queens that can do no wrong. Complete access to all of the house including my bed. (Again, not my rule. As you can see I am not the rulemaker:laugh2:)

100_2922.jpg

Blimey mrpesca, you've got your hands full with that lot..:laugh2:

Caleb

Platinum Supporting Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
My best buddy Rufus. He almost looks like a French Bulldog, but I suspect he's a mix of bulldog and Boston terrier. He's the shit. He sleeps til noon and I haven't heard him bark in five years.
The ugly tattooed guy with him is me.

tn.jpg
[/IMG]
rufu.jpg

ruf.jpg

nicolasrivera

Reaction score
Im gonna necropsy this one as i took a photo of our dog and could not find any other recent thread.

Her name is Shawi.

IMG_7911_zps4e89db1e.jpg

IMG_7916_zps24fba7ce.jpg

Yui

Reaction score
Such adorable dogs! ^-^

I have a dog too! :D He's mah buddy <3

Attachments

• 2011-01-029517.06.35.jpg
    2011-01-029517.06.35.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 9

Latest Threads