A toast to man's best friend.

Phil47uk

Reaction score
Wow, now that's impressive!

In fact, I think that is probably the best thing about dog security, no matter how tuff you think you are or how used to dogs you may be, when you hear a dog go ballistic behind a door you have no way to know what will happen if it gets out.

Plus it is not uncommon for a little dog to sound HUGE when you cannot see it, so it’s all good as far as I can see!
:)

People in the neighborhood tend to see you with them and steer cleer of your property.

ext1jdh

Reaction score
That's a cheeky face if ever I saw one..:dude:
You have no idea. Sometimes I think she just plays dumb to get bacon. It works.

30207_451108409128_502959128_5683080_3654383_n.jpg

30207_451108449128_502959128_5683086_8047311_n.jpg

n502959128_2336659_2358730.jpg

n502959128_1373040_3999.jpg

dewie1975

Reaction score
He's a big lad.. Not many break in's in your house then Jomo?

He is a healthy 105 lbs now, probably about 85 lbs in that picture. Break-in's... absolutely not! He has been known to chase down the unfortunate few who attempt to venture in front of my property if they are unlucky to meet him outside as they are passing by:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

Alvinfan

Reaction score
Mrs & Mr Alvinfan with our love and good friend "Boogie". He is a Bichon Frisee ( French Poodle ) and has now grown to 12 pounds. He brings a lot of fun and joy to the household !

Boogie8OKT2006.jpg

BoogieMikkel2.jpg

dewie1975

Reaction score
Just a couple more! I'm almost too proud of Rommel and he just might be a little spoiled:laugh2:

Attachments

• 24.jpg
    24.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 19
  • 26.jpg
    26.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 18
  • 27.jpg
    27.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 23

Kate033

Reaction score
I agree, you have to be on top of them as a breed as they are so super smart.
My wife finds it hard to control our male and feels more comfortable taking the female for walks. Django actually took her off her feet once and she went down like a ton of bricks..I shouldn't laugh.. She bruised all her chin and didn't think it funny at all.
I will say that our male prefers men in as much as they play rough games with him like football and tug of war with his rope. If a woman takes the other end of the rope you can see that he doesn't put half the amount of power in pulling it as he does with a man and gets fed up easily.
The bitch isn't into tugging ropes, she likes to play with her ball catching it while it bounces.
Funnily the bitch takes more notice of my wife re commands and the dog of me. I can stop him in his tracks if he's off the leash and sees something, whereas I wouldn't trust the situation with my wife and him.. She'd get nervous..And he knows it..

Post some pics of your dogs Kate..:dude:

They've got me completely trained and are spoiled rotten :laugh2:

5owlcl.jpg

Jake (the chocolate lab) been a old fart since he was a pup. He knows he is a person! He can dissect a toy with surgical precision, but otherwise is more interested in food than toys. We call him the puppet master since he loves to be in charge and pulls his little brothers strings to do all his dirty work to keep himself out of trouble.

Riley (golden ret.) is my best buddy. He's just the sweetest happy go lucky guy you could ever meet. Never see him without a toy. He has no idea he isn't a puppy anymore, and I don't think he'll ever figure it out!

They're both real characters. It's amazing the size of their vocabulary and how clever they are when they want to be. They mind me perfect only because I don't think I could handle two big dogs pulling me around if they didn't, but if they can tell a person is too easy going they like to forget their manners!
I can hear them out in the swimming pool right now doing cannonball jumps after their soccer balls :laugh2:

Roman

Master Luthier V.I.P.
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Here is my Loyal companion. Dogs have that way of making it easier to deal with people.:)

I would find people much less tolerable were it not for having a dog:D

lucky_on_the_lawn.jpg

jimmydeuce

Reaction score
Here's my boy.

The day I got him
pup4.jpg

About a year and a half old
TheTurdMonkey.jpg

Today in his favorite spot

nick1962

Reaction score
Beautiful pics of your GSDs Phil; they are truly the best all-rounder to me, even though the buggers moult like mad! I too cried when my Jess was put down in January, though I held her face and kept talking to her as she slipped away.
The picture attached is one I took with my phone one day; my daughter Frankie was asleep and Jess just cuddled up to her. Such loyalty is beyond price.

Attachments

• Ahhh!.jpg
    Ahhh!.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 19

Mr Insane

Reaction score
"Kitty"
snow8.JPG

She loves people. Turns 4 June 1, hard to believe she'll be middle-aged. I remember when she was a puppy, we had to mow the grass just so she could go answer nature.

huffdaddy

Reaction score
ry%3D400

Indiana (Golden Retriever) and Hugo (Newfoundland)

ry%3D400

Joe Mamma

Reaction score
Here is Lucy guarding the git.
Lucy121.jpg

I love my dog more than my guitars!

Tom

Phil47uk

Reaction score
He is a healthy 105 lbs now, probably about 85 lbs in that picture. Break-in's... absolutely not! He has been known to chase down the unfortunate few who attempt to venture in front of my property if they are unlucky to meet him outside as they are passing by:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

Good lad...:dude:

Sorry about post.. I was getting mixed up and thought he was Jomo's dog. :rolleyes:

Phil47uk

Reaction score
Mrs & Mr Alvinfan with our love and good friend "Boogie". He is a Bichon Frisee ( French Poodle ) and has now grown to 12 pounds. He brings a lot of fun and joy to the household !

Boogie8OKT2006.jpg

BoogieMikkel2.jpg

He looks like mischief.:laugh2:

Phil47uk

Reaction score
They've got me completely trained and are spoiled rotten :laugh2:

5owlcl.jpg

Jake (the chocolate lab) been a old fart since he was a pup. He knows he is a person! He can dissect a toy with surgical precision, but otherwise is more interested in food than toys. We call him the puppet master since he loves to be in charge and pulls his little brothers strings to do all his dirty work to keep himself out of trouble.

Riley (golden ret.) is my best buddy. He's just the sweetest happy go lucky guy you could ever meet. Never see him without a toy. He has no idea he isn't a puppy anymore, and I don't think he'll ever figure it out!

They're both real characters. It's amazing the size of their vocabulary and how clever they are when they want to be. They mind me perfect only because I don't think I could handle two big dogs pulling me around if they didn't, but if they can tell a person is too easy going they like to forget their manners!
I can hear them out in the swimming pool right now doing cannonball jumps after their soccer balls :laugh2:

Gorgeous.. They look a real team those two. My two shepherds used to play with a golden ret that used to live over the road. The couple divorced and the husband took him with him.

weirdotis

Reaction score
German Shepherd freaking rock... We lost Buddy, our Shepherd/ Chow mix a year ago to cancer. :(

Latest Threads