A Tale Of 2 Bridges.....

Shai`tan

Reaction score
Hey all. I`m going to be doing a Partscaster. And I`m looking at 2 bridges. The Genuine Fender `62 Reissue Strat Tremelo. And
the Gotoh GE101TS Traditional Vintage Tremelo with Steel Block. Which do you think might be the better choice of these 2? Thx for your time.

Shai`tan

Reaction score
I`ll prolly go for the Gotoh tbh. Ya know... I looked hard at the Fender bridges. The color I am choosing is Gold btw. Anyways, the Genuine Fender `62 Reissue Strat Tremelo, and the Fender American 57/62 Vintage Stratocaster Tremelo ALL look pretty much identical. It`s like the ONLY thing separating them from each other Fender bridgewise, is having a steel block... or not. Or the Fender Stamped saddles. Some say nothing. Some say Fender Fender, and some are the Fender Pat. Pending stamped saddles. Oh yeah, and the prices wildly fluctuate. lol

So I`ll prolly just get the Gotoh GE101TS. It looks really well made for the price. Then I can add stamped Saddles later if I want. Cheaper in the long run........

diavolo

Reaction score
if its a partscaster why not just buy the $27 fender bridge from a MIM that has a full size block? theyre both vintage style 6 point trem. why the '62 specifically?
i usually just throw those in my partscasters and a couple of them have other brand generic brass blocks or other full size blocks. the $27 fender is the most ive spent on a trem haha.

edit: i just checked my amazon, apparently i've bought that block 6 times and its currently unavailable, buuuut theres other similar fender ones for about $25.

i think this is the part:
Fender Mexico Vintage Strat Bridge Assemblies (005-4619-000)

Shai`tan

Reaction score
I mentioned 62 cause that`s what they call that specific bridge apparently. I have seen them designated as 57 to 62 as well. Anyways, I took the plunge on the Gotoh GE101TS. It seems well made. Not a bad price either.

The Gold Gotoh GE101TS did arrive. VERY nice quality. Got all the parts I ordered for my Partscaster. Dropping em off to my Tech on Friday. ;p

Last edited:

Latest Threads