A Stratocaster?

judson

Reaction score
why....because they are guitars you can buy reasonable, mod the hell out of them and find any part you need anytime

oh yeah and they all sound and play great

all 3 are early 90's MIK Fender strats....love em all

IMG_20180723_191950932.jpg
slide.jpg
stratwhite.jpg

CB91710

Premium Member
Reaction score
The real question is.... what are there other types of electric guitars? :hmm:
This.

Pull Random Joe off the street and ask him to draw you a picture of a guitar.
It's going to be an acoustic, a Les Paul (with or without the cutaway), a Strat, or a restraining order :D

Reactions: Who

Bend'n'Slide

Reaction score
Because they compliment a Les Paul like nothing else.
Yep — recently been listening to the Layla album properly for the first time in quite a while and the juxtaposition is fab; that balance of playing between Clapton and Allman and the complementary tones between the Strat and the Lester...

Best of both worlds!
:cool2:

efstop

Premium Member
Reaction score
I might own a Strat one day, but my one-pup (P90S) Bullet is enough to quell the GAS for one so far.

RhinestoneStrat

Reaction score
Stratocasters are great for painting your own masterpieces like I did with my 2 Squier Bullet Strats.

And Stratocasters are equipped to handle rhinestones like my 1998 American Standard for that true Country & Western tone.:cool2:

Last edited:

NotScott

Reaction score
Strats are a totally different animal compared to Les Pauls. To get the best out of a Les Paul, you just have to play it. To get the best out of a Strat, you have to fight it and beat the hell out of it.

But to answer your question, YES and often:

And please, no Clapton mudboosts, humbuckers, 2-point trems or other "improvements". Play them as God and Leo intended through a good amp and it's all there. :cool:

dro

Reaction score
Strats are a totally different animal compared to Les Pauls. To get the best out of a Les Paul, you just have to play it. To get the best out of a Strat, you have to fight it and beat the hell out of it.

But to answer your question, YES and often:

And please, no Clapton mudboosts, humbuckers, 2-point trems or other "improvements". Play them as God and Leo intended through a good amp and it's all there. :cool:

Interesting that Leo never stopped trying to improve on the Strat. With Pre 1980 Musicman, Pre 1990 G&L F-100 S-500 Comanche's. Of which I've had all, Which is why the only Strat I have left Is a heavy MOD.