A startling stat?

diceman

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Cops should just be armed with RPGs - if a suspect runs, the police can simply blow up their vehicle and reduce the likelihood of collateral damage caused by pursuits.

Who is with me?

SteveGangi

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Police do what they can, but when someone "runs" they don't have a lot of choices.

sonar1

Reaction score
This is wrong.

More than that should be being hit by stray bullets being fired by pursuing cops!

Don't chase 'em! That's dangerous. Use mounted rocket launchers!

That'll teach 'em to pull over.

EDIT: Oops: diceman beat me to it.

SteveGangi

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Cops should just be armed with RPGs - if a suspect runs, the police can simply blow up their vehicle and reduce the likelihood of collateral damage caused by pursuits.

Who is with me?

Patrolled+By+Air+adj+3x+shrp+100dpi+++11-13-08+012.jpg

EvanPC

Reaction score
I understand the "rock and hard place" scenario, but man, those are staggering figures in my opinion.

Seems crazy to just let someone go, but 10,000 injured and 321 dead by chasing?

diceman

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
This is wrong.

More than that should be being hit by stray bullets being fired by pursuing cops!

Don't chase 'em! That's dangerous. Use mounted rocket launchers!

That'll teach 'em to pull over.

EDIT: Oops: diceman beat me to it.

EXACTLY.

RPGs are a great deterrent.

"Hey man... if the police flash up their sirens on you - PULL THE F' OVER... Lil' T got blown the f*ck up last week when he tried to run!"

diceman

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I understand the "rock and hard place" scenario, but man, those are staggering figures in my opinion.

It does suck.

If people weren't A$$HOLES and the cops didn't have to chase them down, this number would be... zero.

I have a hard time blaming the police for pursing criminals. I blame the criminals.

Alternatively, I support a RPG program.

Deus Vult

Banned
Reaction score
maybe we should outlaw cops. if there were no cops chasing them, then they wouldn't run.

flavor with purple as necessary.

EvanPC

Reaction score
It does suck.

If people weren't A$$HOLES and the cops didn't have to chase them down, this number would be... zero.

I have a hard time blaming the police for pursing criminals. I blame the criminals.

Alternatively, I support a RPG program.

Agreed. I should have mentioned that as well. I hold nothing against the police, as a group, for doing they're job.

Engel

Reaction score

It's not the fault of the police, it's the person running from the police.

Seems crazy to just let someone go, but 10,000 injured and 321 dead by fleeing?

fixed.

sonar1

Reaction score
Ya just gotta expect a little collateral damage once in a while if ya wanna live in a safe and secure society...

...(inserts tongue in cheek).

BillB1960

Reaction score
Any questions? :naughty:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2xnWYx8YK8]AH!Believable-Vol. 1-"Ridiculous Speed Sign" - YouTube[/ame]

Ledheadforlife

Reaction score
The cops just need to use freakin common sense, if it's armed bank robbers/rapists/murderers, then yeah, by all means chase em down. But if its some kid who ran a stop sign, um...no.

MineGoesTo11

Reaction score

Who is with me?

Funny, I hadn't even scrolled down to your post, but I was thinking Javelin..

Javelin_004.jpg

River

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm fvckin' alarmed.

:run:

That's why I log in here every day. To be alarmed. I could go to Yahoo!, MSNBC, Fox, or Neo's blog - but nooooo!!!!!! I come here instead.

Not because I play guitar, love the sound and smell of warm tubes, or hope to catch the next installment in Thump's "Cooch Shot" threads.

Because I like to be alarmed.

ApocalypseNow.jpg

It makes me feel like I'm not dead. :slash:

SteveGangi

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
The cops just need to use freakin common sense, if it's armed bank robbers/rapists/murderers, then yeah, by all means chase em down. But if its some kid who ran a stop sign, um...no.

When they stop someone they can't always know who they got or what other crazy shit is involved...

Ted Bundy - Ted Bundy Gets Caught

Ted Bundy's First Arrest:
In August 1975 police attempted to stop Bundy for a driving violation. He aroused suspicion when he tried to get away by turning his car lights off and speeding through stop signs. When he was finally stopped his VW was searched and police found handcuffs, an ice pick, crowbar, pantyhose with eye holes cut out along with other questionable items. They also saw that the front seat on the passenger side of his car was missing. Police arrested Ted Bundy on suspicion of burglary.
Bundy is Charged With Kidnapping:
Police compared the things found in Bundy's car to those DaRonch described seeing in her attacker's car. The handcuffs that had been placed around one of her wrists were the same make as those in Bundy's possession. Once DaRonch picked Bundy out of a line-up the police felt they had enough evidence to charge him with attempted kidnapping. The authorities also felt confident they had the person responsible for the tri-state murder spree that had gone on for more than a year.

'nUff said.

Ermghoti

Reaction score
Multi-year sentence for fleeing from police by way of motor vehicle. Problem solved. Taking off when the lights go on is not a game, it is attempted manslaughter. Treat it as such.

Latest Threads