A simple question

Rock City

Reaction score
Hi,
I am changing adress and I have to build some furniture. Unfortenately, my two Les Pauls can not use closet no more and I have to put them horisontaly in new closet.
Would it make some damage if I put cases (with LPs in) like Lifton case on picture below?
I know they are usually held like black case on pic below...
What do you know bout it?

Attachments

Oranjeaap

Reaction score
Are you asking if you can put more than 1 case on top of eachother?

Side Burns

Reaction score
Its “better” lying flat.
But if you don't drop it it doesn’t matter

Rock City

Reaction score
Are you asking if you can put more than 1 case on top of eachother?
No, I was asking if it was better lying flat or lying on the side.
Since when I see a pile of LPs in their case (like at Norm's), I see them on shelves put on the side. Maybe becaues of better used space or maybe of somthing else

ARandall

Reaction score
The guitar is (or should be if the interior design is good) held in place with no untoward forces whichever angle you store the case in. And lets face it, if you carry the case it sits the way you want - there is no such thing as a better angle when the case is stationary.

endial

Reaction score
I've seen way too many friends pick up a guitar case that was laying on its' back by the handle and spill the contents because it wasn't latched. If you store it on it's side, you're more likely to latch it up before you do that.

MSB

Reaction score
i've never stacked them, extra wear on the case imo, but shouldn't hurt the guitar given the case is correct.

redcoats1976

Reaction score
sitting right next to 0ne case and 4 gig bags stacked up with no damages whatsover.as long as youre not dropping them it should be ok.

Rock City

Reaction score
Thanks. I have never had them lying on their back just standing. I was affraid about lying on their necks but on the other side there would be no pressure from above so "as long as I am not dropping them" sounds quite right

Tim Plains

Reaction score
People have tucked guitars under their beds literally for decades. I wouldn't worry about it. Just check up on them from time to time if you're storing them.

tzd

Reaction score
I've seen way too many friends pick up a guitar case that was laying on its' back by the handle and spill the contents because it wasn't latched. If you store it on it's side, you're more likely to latch it up before you do that.
I once left my Les Paul case lying flat on the bedroom floor unlatched. Walked past it barefoot and the latch cut my little toe open. Never again!

Rock City

Reaction score
People have tucked guitars under their beds literally for decades. I wouldn't worry about it. Just check up on them from time to time if you're storing them.
No, it would not be classical storing, just building a piece of furniture under the TV wall hanger which have to content 2203 head, 2x12 cab, 2 LPs in hard cases, a case with few pedals and cables, receiver, turn table, DVDs, CDs and stuff.

Christosterone

Premium Member
Reaction score
I store them all over my house...under beds, in closets...behind couches....

but always in cases..I’m allowed 2 in my bedroom at any given time ha

if Covid hadn’t happened I’d be nearly finished with the conversion of my office into a music room complete with a baby grand Steinway & Sons at the center…

But I had to put all that off until next spring depending on how the healthcare industry recovers...

-Chris

Rock City

Reaction score
I store them all over my house...under beds, in closets...behind couches....

but always in cases..I’m allowed 2 in my bedroom at any given time ha

if Covid hadn’t happened I’d be nearly finished with the conversion of my office into a music room complete with a baby grand Steinway & Sons at the center…

But I had to put all that off until next spring depending on how the healthcare industry recovers...

-Chris
That's a bummer. But I thought people would have more spare time during this pandemic situation. At least I do.

Latest Threads