A quick question regarding neck angle

7oel

Reaction score
I’m sure this may have been discussed before but without searching endlessly through threads I am just looking for a quick answer. If my neck is adjusted straight and I run a straight edge through to the bridge set at it’s lowest and it kisses the top is that the optimal neck angle?

pshupe

Reaction score
I’m sure this may have been discussed before but without searching endlessly through threads I am just looking for a quick answer. If my neck is adjusted straight and I run a straight edge through to the bridge set at it’s lowest and it kisses the top is that the optimal neck angle?
IMO yes. I shoot for a certain distance which works with my bridges, which is a bit over 9/16" (14.5mm - 15.5mm). This is the perfect height for an ABR-1. If you are working on a Les Paul style guitar then this dimension works well and once strung up it results in a low bridge height with adjustments both up and down. By low I mean the thumb wheel sits about the thickness of the thumb wheel off the top of the guitar with quite a low action.

Cheers Peter.

Latest Threads