A Nice Piece Of History...

Juan Wayne

Reaction score
"I may purchase a third instrument later in the year..." Mhm... someone's got some GAS!

Holy crap this made me nostalgic of an era I wasn't even close to experimenting (my dad was born that year!). That was a great, great read. Thanks for sharing.

flyswatter

Reaction score
Remarkable how so many of the doctor's queries are the same types of things that come up on forums today, except there's now this huge online community of other players ready to chip in. When you think that a Gibson in 1957 was pretty much the same cost (relative to average income) as a high-end Gibson today, there must have been a bit of anxiety in being unable to try any -- especially those newfangled solidbodies -- and having to rely on letter writing to try and find out.

Juan Wayne

Reaction score
Remarkable how so many of the doctor's queries are the same types of things that come up on forums today, except there's now this huge online community of other players ready to chip in. When you think that a Gibson in 1957 was pretty much the same cost (relative to average income) as a high-end Gibson today, there must have been a bit of anxiety in being unable to try any -- especially those newfangled solidbodies -- and having to rely on letter writing to try and find out.
Absolutely! Not to mention even back then, it was a common thing having to send a brand new Gibson back for... inspection. That part cracked me up. I wonder if it was the G-Force that had issues. Mhm...

Latest Threads