A New Era at Gibson - The A.R.T. of management takes hold

Blues4U

Reaction score
I think we've had some posts here that would lead to good business practices. Plenty of complaints, sure, but some useful posts as well.

And to be entirely honest, we are not the ones who should be working to make a difference, it should be Henry and Gibson reaching out to their customers.

I'm always available on a consulting basis if Henry wants to pay my fee.
Ding ding ding ding we have a winner:applause:

BillB1960

Reaction score
He said quite a lot.

He said its my way or the highway. If you wont do it my way, I will replace you with someone who will. I am in the process of surrounding myself with people that will not argue with me.

WTF fuck he is posting this narsisistic manifesto on the internetz and wtf its being reposted here remains a mystery.
Couldn't have put it better! :thumb:

FLICKOFLASH

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I think we've had some posts here that would lead to good business practices. Plenty of complaints, sure, but some useful posts as well.

And to be entirely honest, we are not the ones who should be working to make a difference, it should be Henry and Gibson reaching out to their customers.

I'm always available on a consulting basis if Henry wants to pay my fee.
Are you guys that dence yes they are listening & why do you think they are bringing me to the table cause they will get the unsugarcoated reality of what you all think. Henry is a very busy person so he has not replied to all threads but he has not backed down from any tuff issues either.

allbusinessjoe

Reaction score
Are you guys that dence yes they are listening & why do you think they are bringing me to the table cause they will get the unsugarcoated reality of what you all think. Henry is a very busy person so he has not replied to all threads but he has not backed down from any tuff issues either.
When I read his words in your post my immediate thought was, "I wonder how he has all this time to keep coming up with this stuff?"

FLICKOFLASH

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
He said quite a lot.

He said its my way or the highway. If you wont do it my way, I will replace you with someone who will. I am in the process of surrounding myself with people that will not argue with me.

WTF fuck he is posting this narsisistic manifesto on the internetz and wtf its being reposted here remains a mystery.
Like how you like to twist words . You have a problem with trying to keep those interested in gibson guitar informed ?

BillB1960

Reaction score

I am going there to hit the hard issues straight on but seems you pussys just want to whine bitch & moan . You'd think this was a Fender forum or something. You want real change first change your attitudes of being so negative. Instead of bitching why not work to make a difference . The door has been opened but you guys seem too ignorant to notice & walk in.
Sorry but that's just pure bullshit. Read the Glassdoor postings again. Henry doesn't even listen to the people who work for him what on earth makes you think he's going to listen to a bunch of "fans" (his word)? He just trashed pretty much every single manager who's worked for him for the past 20 years. What the hell kind of CEO does that? That was very possibly one of the stupidest, most short-sighted pieces of drivel I have ever read. The man has no class and no vision past the end of his nose. The future of Gibson is most certainly as bleak as it's ever been with an egomaniac like Henry J at the helm.

PINKBITS

Reaction score

I am going there to hit the hard issues straight on but seems you pussys just want to whine bitch & moan . You'd think this was a Fender forum or something. You want real change first change your attitudes of being so negative. Instead of bitching why not work to make a difference . The door has been opened but you guys seem too ignorant to notice & walk in.
Negative, no. Realistic, yes.

ext1jdh

Reaction score
So basically, Flick, Henry is bypassing his marketing team in order to have you be his mouthpiece? It doesn't seem like Henry is listening to us, as he keeps ignoring what we want in favor of the fantasy world inside his head.

If Henry truly wanted a non-sugarcoated reality, he could simply read the forum. It is true that the information gathered from the forum (or from any review platform) will tend toward an inverse bell curve - meaning a group of extremely happy and extremely unhappy with very little representation in the middle ground. This is normal.

You need to listen to us for a small moment here. This is the root problem that we, the customer and "fans" are experiencing from Gibson.

Henry's actions and words do not reflect that he values the customer or fan. The suggestions and requests of the customer are summarily ignored. Henry does not appear to have the same values as his customer base.

We are the customers and we are asking him to make simple basic changes.
-Enable smaller retailers to sell Gibson products alongside large box retailers. Additional retail outlets cannot harm Gibson, they can only make Gibson stronger.
-Empower the workers at Gibson and encourage them to make a high quality product.

Why does this make us dense? We want to see Gibson stay around for a long time to come, and we want to continue to have access to their products. Calling us dense because you're spouting Henry's kool-aid is pretty cheap.

PINKBITS

Reaction score
Quite a lot of insults towards other members Flick ;)

I would suggest that they have "brought you to the table" purely as political ploy to make out they care.

If they really gave a crap, they'd simply start making instruments at a quality that is matched with the price they sell them.

Not freaking rocket science I say :thumb:

FLICKOFLASH

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
So basically, Flick, Henry is bypassing his marketing team in order to have you be his mouthpiece? It doesn't seem like Henry is listening to us, as he keeps ignoring what we want in favor of the fantasy world inside his head.

If Henry truly wanted a non-sugarcoated reality, he could simply read the forum. It is true that the information gathered from the forum (or from any review platform) will tend toward an inverse bell curve - meaning a group of extremely happy and extremely unhappy with very little representation in the middle ground. This is normal.

You need to listen to us for a small moment here. This is the root problem that we, the customer and "fans" are experiencing from Gibson.

Henry's actions and words do not reflect that he values the customer or fan. The suggestions and requests of the customer are summarily ignored. Henry does not appear to have the same values as his customer base.

We are the customers and we are asking him to make simple basic changes.
-Enable smaller retailers to sell Gibson products alongside large box retailers. Additional retail outlets cannot harm Gibson, they can only make Gibson stronger.
-Empower the workers at Gibson and encourage them to make a high quality product.

Why does this make us dense? We want to see Gibson stay around for a long time to come, and we want to continue to have access to their products. Calling us dense because you're spouting Henry's kool-aid is pretty cheap.
Actually ext1jdh we are on the same page with the issues & I am addressing these issues.If they ignore them them they are pretty stupid.

nicolasrivera

Reaction score
Flicko, i believe it would be wise to advise Mr. Henry that he is not that much loved in this forum and that he should choose better words for you to share here, he can do what ever he wants with his forum, but here, most probably will receive that same rage over and over no matter what he can come up with.

I could be better off with not hearing any more that he saved Gibson, he should be more humble about it, but knowing from where he comes, he will most certainly continue to show off over and over how he and only he has done what no body else did. Please.....

Next.

NoStatic

Banned
Reaction score
Like how you like to twist words . You have a problem with trying to keep those interested in gibson guitar informed ?
That was the message I took from the Mr Juszkiewicz's missive. Sorry if I was being dence (sic).

But if you'd like to discuss aspects of management theory, I can dust off some texts.

FLICKOFLASH

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Quite a lot of insults towards other members Flick ;)

I would suggest that they have "brought you to the table" purely as political ploy to make out they care.

If they really gave a crap, they'd simply start making instruments at a quality that is matched with the price they sell them.

Not freaking rocket science I say :thumb:
Sorry but Im been taking your attacks & your buddys more than I should. You seem to have no problems dishing out insults but rather LOOK LOOK EVEYBODY when you get them dished back at you. Im not here to fight but I am also not here to be insulted

Deus Vult

Reaction score
nickelback sucks. henry is making a nickelback guitar. therefore henry sucks.

that is all.

PINKBITS

Reaction score
Sorry but Im been taking your attacks & your buddys more than I should. You seem to have no problems dishing out insults but rather LOOK LOOK EVEYBODY when you get them dished back at you. Im not here to fight but I am also not here to be insulted
When did I insult you Flick?

When did I attack you Flick?

I posted responses, nothing you more.

geochem1st

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Another Henry... Henry Ford was a great industrialist and successful businessman. Some of his ideas:

"If there is any one secret of success, it lies in the ability to get the other person's point of view and see things from that person's angle as well as from your own."

"It is not the employer who pays the wages. Employers only handle the money. It is the customer who pays the wages."

"Quality means doing it right when no one is looking."

"The man who will use his skill and constructive imagination to see how much he can give for a dollar, instead of how little he can give for a dollar, is bound to succeed. "

"You can't build a reputation on what you are going to do."

"A business absolutely devoted to service will have only one worry about profits. They will be embarrassingly large."

Outside of a very creative CFO, Henry J.'s most important employees are the guys on the floor doing the job. That is where he should amply reward those who do quality work and have pride in the product. Henry doesn't need an army of Yes Men for management.

Latest Threads