A Little Turn from My Band's Monday Night Jam Night . . .

EasyAce

Reaction score
Turns out this one was recorded. The recording itself isn't top-of-the-line, but we had a helluva lot of fun playing "Help Me," the Sonny Boy Williamson chestnut---the lineup is my band's drummer; two friends of mine on keyboards, bass, and vocals (the male is the bassist, playing a lefthanded Fender P-Bass; the female, the keyboard ace---playing my band's keyboard ace's Hammond XK1 and Yamaha piano synth); a guest jammer playing a Les Paul Standard (2001) through a Brugera amp with a little more bite in his sound (he has the first guitar solo); and, yours truly playing his R6 through a Twin Reverb with a little more ethereal-sounding turn (I have the second solo).

*putting head between knees . . . *

Jam Until Late, "Help Me"

(I'd better explain---we call our weekly jam night Jam Until Late with Four Until Late, but since this lineup wasn't my full band which is Four Until Late, I figured calling it Jam Until Late made perverse sense . . .)

Note: The other guitar player got offered a job in a visiting singer's band after he played. I couldn't blame her---in fact, I made the recommendation after she asked me more about him. So I guess I'm doing some good, after all.

Enjoy!

tolm

Bigsby Junkie
Reaction score
Just gave it a little listen (naff iPad speakers only, I'm afraid!) - sounds good! Great vintage vibe/mojo to it. :thumb:

EasyAce

Reaction score
Just gave it a little listen (naff iPad speakers only, I'm afraid!) - sounds good! Great vintage vibe/mojo to it. :thumb:

Much appreciated! The people I played with have the real blues embedded in them. That's probably the real key. When you've got the right people, you can't help but deliver the real thing.

blakem

Reaction score
i love how raw it sounds... really cool!

blakem

Reaction score
i love how raw it sounds... really cool!

EasyAce

Reaction score
Great stuff Easy. I like the "raw" sound. Great guitar inter-play. The song really percolates. I can smell the smoke and stale beer.

The other guy had the raw guitar sound. He did it well, too, he didn't just wank and blast like a lot of guys who go for the raw sound. He was easy to knit with for me, since I have a far different sound but I think the same way as he seemed to think. And the couple on the keyboards and bass, those two are in a class by themselves. I sit in with their group on their Friday night gigs at one of the hotels on Fremont Street.

gibsonguitar1988

Reaction score
Great stuff EasyAce!!!!

You gotta love that Twin Reverb! ;) Although I know you like running yours completely straight in and I'm a pedal fanatic, but I just picked up an OCD overdrive pedal and it reminded me how pedal-friendly the amp is and how versatile it is. I go for OD's that are amp-like and natural and this setup is definitely "doing it" for me. I love the Twin Reverb.

EasyAce

Reaction score
Great stuff EasyAce!!!!

You gotta love that Twin Reverb! ;) Although I know you like running yours completely straight in and I'm a pedal fanatic, but I just picked up an OCD overdrive pedal and it reminded me how pedal-friendly the amp is and how versatile it is. I go for OD's that are amp-like and natural and this setup is definitely "doing it" for me. I love the Twin Reverb.

A lot of pedalheads find to their delight that a good Fender amp is very pedal-friendly. I went last night to sit in with a friend's blues band, and his guitarist ran a phalanx of pedals (including an overdrive) through a Deluxe Reverb. I used to hear him run that pedal phalanx through other amps and it didn't sound as right as it did through the Deluxe.

gibsonguitar1988

Reaction score
A lot of pedalheads find to their delight that a good Fender amp is very pedal-friendly. I went last night to sit in with a friend's blues band, and his guitarist ran a phalanx of pedals (including an overdrive) through a Deluxe Reverb. I used to hear him run that pedal phalanx through other amps and it didn't sound as right as it did through the Deluxe.

Yeah I love those Fender Blackfaces. Love Tweeds too, but not as much as a Blackface. Still, I'd love to have a Tweed Deluxe someday.

tom1965

Reaction score
Sounds really vintage , cool , well done i enjoyed it .:applause:

Latest Threads