A Guitar for Christmas

Meatwad

Reaction score
I'm just gonna say this:

I only had one agenda when I started this thread, and it was to celebrate the memory of getting my first guitar ( and those of other members) and getting one for my nephew this year.

I know things take turns here, which it did when a classic Christmas movie was referenced, and now it's just gonna go off the rails because another agenda had to be brought up with no other point other than to troll IMO.

Maybe this one should just be locked up before things get ugly.

Last edited:

LP1865

Reaction score
I'm just gonna say this:

I only had one agenda when I started this thread, and it was to celebrate the memory of getting my first guitar ( and those of other members) and getting one for my nephew this year.

I know things take turns here, which it did when a classic Christmas movie was referenced, and now it's just gonna go off the rails because another agenda had to be brought up with no other point other than to troll IMO.

Maybe this one should just be locked up before things get ugly.
Sorry.
It's kinda my fault. Not the place to to question or discuss guns.
Cheer and once again, a merry Christmas to all of you!

dc007

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
No pics but my first guitar was a Kay and some off the wall amp that I don't even remember the brand. I hated it because when I turned it up loud it distorted.

Meatwad

Reaction score
After the first plastic guitar, my first electric was a Norma.....Basically some kind of Tiesco variant, also a piece of crap, but a better piece of crap.

Ya gotta love those pants.

After that it was a Fender Mustang, and then my first Les Paul - a Pro Deluxe that I got in '78 or '79.
Wish I still had that one.

Last edited:

fry

Reaction score
I got one of these Amazon $159 Chinese 335 copies. Pretty amazing right out of the box. A little bit of work and it’ll be a fine guitar for an amateur like me.
A2913370-6AB1-48F8-88B6-29C3232F1F0B.jpeg

smk506

Reaction score
My first guitar was an epiphone sg starter pack. I don’t have any pictures from back then, not sure if there are any of it sadly. It got a diamond plate pickguard a friend made me in welding class and numerous rattle can finishes.

Next/concurrently that same friend took up bass and I ended up keeping his mij squire strat at my place. It was a better guitar in most ways and started the love end of my love/hate relationship with strats. I wore the frets down to practically nothing and put a lot of dings and dents into that guitar, I’d love to have it again someday, even more so than the epi.

Colnago1

Reaction score
[QUOTE

Got this two FEZZMAS ago from Mrs. FEZZ----A V? An Asheton? YES! I was very good that year+every year -
View attachment 508063
today=THREE FUZZ PEDALS!
[/QUOTE]

What the heck happened to that neck???

e44crowe

Reaction score
First guitar was a Mexican Strat. I few months later I worked my way up to a Gibson LP Studio which is still my #1 9 years later.

jbodine

Reaction score
My first guitar was ordered out of a Sears catalog. It was a real dandy. And I just bought my son his first electric for Christmas...an Epi Les Paul Special Vintage Edition.

MikeyTheCat

Reaction score
mid 1980s Yamaha SBG200 was my first guitar. not this one, but identical to it, other than the stringing issues seen here.

Before you played it you were 6'1", after 5'5".
I was just talking to someone about these and how heavy they were, but I really wanted one.

MikeyTheCat

Reaction score
My parents got me a 73 Gretsch similar to this. Technically I still have this guitar though it seems that either someone stole it or it's in the possession of one of my sons.

Somewhere I have a picture of getting this in an album somewhere.

One Christmas I got one similar to this from my bride.

My wife a few Christmases back bought one of these for me on close out. It's always in the stand next to my desk.

MikeyTheCat

Reaction score
Last year I got one son a PRS SE Standard 22 and my other son one of these, come to think of it it might be this very one. It has a neck like an oar on a galley ship but sounds incredible. I've never seen him so moved.

Latest Threads