A Guitar for Christmas

danohat

Reaction score
My first guitar was a shitty Harmony. My brother and I also got bb guns early and the wars began.

LP1865

Reaction score
It happens.

I got a BB gun for my sixth Christmas, an air rifle for my eighth Christmas, and my first real one, a 20 gauge shotgun, for my ninth Christmas. A good number followed those over the years.
Wow!
Haven't even held a BB gun yet.
What do you do with them anyway?

Uncle Remus

Reaction score
Yeah but to shoot what?
I don't know if you are trolling here or what, but I'll jump in. Shooting doesn't have to involve killing. Some shoot targets, it's like darts but way further off and way more fun. Some hunt to control over population of deer, racoons, squirrels, (insert favorite game here). Some hunt for meat. Some (not my cup of tea) trophy hunt. I carry a gun every time I leave the house. I get called into work at all times of the day or night which has lead to meeting some unsavory folks at the convenience store. I also hike a lot. I prefer to have my weapon for predatory animals and in case I stumble on to someone's outdoor meth lab (it happens). Read the rate of twist thread. You'll see that many here enjoy firearms. Firearms are just that firearms. Your intent is what makes it a weapon. I'm much more likely to serve a knuckle sandwich than to shoot anyone. And I think the last time that I served one of those was 15 years ago.

Side Burns

#==€@)
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
As for my little 4 year old great great niece, she usually walks in my room, crosses her arms, and says, "why do you need all these guitars?"
She gets a lump of coal.
She's gonna make some guy miserable one of these days.:rofl:
If it were me.....

“Merry Christmas sweetie, how many doll and doll outfits do you have again”

Roxy13

Reaction score
My first guitar was a no name strat copy. Of course I loved it because I didn't know any better :) But, 2 years later the neck totally twisted on it and I bought a 1983 Gibson SG Special II.

I got my niece a pre-CNC singlecut from Japan. She's a lefty and had already tried a right handed acoustic and couldn't deal with that. I leveled the frets, put a good quality wiring harness in and did a nice set up. So at least she gets to start with a quality, well made instrument with a good set up on it and good electronics.

Colnago1

Reaction score
I don't know if you are trolling here or what, but I'll jump in. Shooting doesn't have to involve killing. Some shoot targets, it's like darts but way further off and way more fun. Some hunt to control over population of deer, racoons, squirrels, (insert favorite game here). Some hunt for meat. Some (not my cup of tea) trophy hunt. I carry a gun every time I leave the house. I get called into work at all times of the day or night which has lead to meeting some unsavory folks at the convenience store. I also hike a lot. I prefer to have my weapon for predatory animals and in case I stumble on to someone's outdoor meth lab (it happens). Read the rate of twist thread. You'll see that many here enjoy firearms. Firearms are just that firearms. Your intent is what makes it a weapon. I'm much more likely to serve a knuckle sandwich than to shoot anyone. And I think the last time that I served one of those was 15 years ago.
Please lock them up when not in use. Lots of accidents have been happening close to where I live.

efstop

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Guitars or guns, which is it...? :io:

My first guitar was a no name small bodied acoustic with action so high I rented it out to tightrope walkers.

LP1865

Reaction score
Not trolling. I just live someone where owning a gun is synonymous to being a cop, a guard, or a murderer.
I get what you're saying, but from my background I find it weird that some people give their kids guns. Isn't that a little dangerous?
But hey, it their child, I'm a nobody. But doesn't it worry the parents even a little?

dave b

Reaction score
The Silvertone from Sears I got for Christmas in the late 60's has led me to............ :eek: ......MLP :laugh2: (10 years of this foolishness for me so far)

You guys wanna talk guns.....there's a thread for that....just sayin':thumb:

Latest Threads