A guitar comfortable for strapping high, closest to that LP feel/tone

Jewel the Sapphire

Reaction score
I had to use a tele strapped up high one time on stage when the E string broke on my Lucille, not my syyle-- felt like Chuck E Cheese instead of Mickey Mouse. ^^

These are interesting single cut guitars, Kramer is a Gibson company now aswell. Not a Les Paul, an Assault.

Last edited:

PierM

Premium Member
Reaction score
I still have to get the point, heh.

Im a skinny 144 pounds guy, and always strapped very high with any guitar (mostly heavy LPCs), not sure where the problem is.

A great thing of strapping high is that, if you have the right strap, even heavy and big guitars are feeling right, and the back doesn't scream like when strapping a la Hetfield...lol!

Anyway, if the problem is the weight, what about an ES-Les Paul?

Gtarzan81

Reaction score
I love the gold top...
I am on the borderline for PRSs... too fancy for me....but thats gold top, if it would be fixed bridge is possibly one of the best options, yes... thanks!
The DGT has a trem, but it's mostly blocked as standard. At least mine is. I dont use it. In function, its the same as playing a Les Paul or fixed bridge guitar.

They can be hard to find locally used. At the Dallas guitar show, there were only 3 of them. I played them and bought the one I have.

Side Burns

Reaction score
It sounds like you want a near full thickness les paul with belly cut but you did say regarding the LTD ESP “might be interesting to try as well” . You should go to a big guitar store that has an LTD, ESP, and a Gibson axcess

Or an agile
27512928-351E-4F39-84D2-07CF90F9055A.jpeg

But if you haven’t played them no one can really help you choose. Good luck and let us know what u find

PetarA

Reaction score
I had to use a tele strapped up high one time a string broke on my guitar, not my thing.

These are interesting single cut guitars, Kramer is a Gibson company now aswell. Not a Les Paul, an Assault.

Thanks...a sensible suggestion... i love the way they look...also theres similar Jackson Monarkh line now... modern take on a LP design...True question is how far from an LP it is...surely a lot... lucky if its near SG territorry, most probably...
I love with maple board..and tangerine one is also very cool...!

Jewel the Sapphire

Reaction score
Thanks...a sensible suggestion... i love the way they look...also theres similar Jackson Monarkh line now... modern take on a LP design...True question is how far from an LP it is...surely a lot... lucky if its near SG territorry, most probably...
I love with maple board..and tangerine one is also very cool...!
KA22NABH1-Finish-Shot.jpg

Yes I agree those maple fbs with curly one piece tops and matching headstocks are nice.

I have been watching those for awhile honestly, been waiting for a finish I get along with on the Floyd Rose and Seymour Duncan equipped models.

PetarA

Reaction score
It sounds like you want a near full thickness les paul with belly cut but you did say regarding the LTD ESP “might be interesting to try as well” . You should go to a big guitar store that has an LTD, ESP, and a Gibson axcess

Or an agile
View attachment 413506
But if you haven’t played them no one can really help you choose. Good luck and let us know what u find
You are absolutely right...
yet currently, i am unable to visit any store...so i am doing a research online at least...

So far, in theory, i think closest might be Schecter line...C1... i like the Koa variation, with block inlays...! Also Ltd H 400 and MH400 look nice... lespaulish hardtail superstrats so to speak...
download.jpg
ruL2e4ufLointUQMPQyvi3-480-80.jpg
schecter-c-1-koa-electric-guitar-natural-satin-schecter3051.jpg
xlarge.png

PetarA

Reaction score
Just use any guitar. I don't see how guitar depth or weight makes any difference for that playing position.

No one held it higher or rocked it harder in 1968 than the Nuge. The guitar might be lighter, but it's fatter than a Les paul:

I agree...anything and whatever works...
Yet i do not like bulky guitars and the way they fit me... things change...who knows in a few years...:)

Reactions: Who

tzd

Reaction score
Look for EVH Wolfgang in Hardtail.

Reactions: Who

PetarA

Reaction score
I still have to get the point, heh.

Im a skinny 144 pounds guy, and always strapped very high with any guitar (mostly heavy LPCs), not sure where the problem is.

A great thing of strapping high is that, if you have the right strap, even heavy and big guitars are feeling right, and the back doesn't scream like when strapping a la Hetfield...lol!

Anyway, if the problem is the weight, what about an ES-Les Paul?
Weight is not the issue...overall fit, comfort and even looks

PetarA

Reaction score
Ok so it’s just about any guitar. :applause:
I think that quite clearly i pointed out that i am after something as much as possible in the LP ballpark...so not just any...
is it so hard to understand..i put som eexamples in teh original post...since it seems so impossible to understand...
and yet, a comfy varianst, or a better word, attempts, of LP - is kind of vibe are here for decades

PetarA

Reaction score
Thats it... :D
Actually, to be specific... radio live recording session, about 15 years ago...
(my strap button actually broke at this session...but reality wasnt much further than this...:) )

ps: aria pro II LPC, bolt on
1936711_149273015629_6815533_n.jpg
1936711_149273030629_231466_n.jpg
1936711_149273545629_1650838_n.jpg
1936711_149273555629_5987819_n.jpg
1936711_149273560629_1190380_n.jpg

So, that my next guitar was Ibanez RGA32 Mahogany Oil finish... ()a pic from the same period
1ac702253f8a43278fcad3e84a5e2c36.jpg