V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Cutting into 60,000 dollars!::naughty:

lp59aholicDon

V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Cutting into 60,000 dollars!::naughty:
No Kidding, That part I understood, Few months back this OLD old guy like your ah well best way to discribe this guy was a left over hippy from the late 60s, brought a guitar dealer buddy of mine this Les Paul, Body completely sanded, headtock front sanded right down to the holly vaneer , Gibson could still be seen, Left it while Steve let him take a couple of Korean made Epi's home Well, Since the serial was sanded and the guy claimed it was a 60 Les, I went to take a deeper examination, Had the correct long neck tenon, neck profile of a early 60, Correct Gibson inlay of the time and some mild flame, Both PAF's had been removed along with the M69 rings Burstbuckers and cheesy later Gibson rings in their place > I almost wanted to ask the guy because he sanded it, Hows it feel to piss away $200,000?

Roman

Master Luthier V.I.P.
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Don, This story had a happy ending.

If you look close at the first picture you can see what is wrong with the headstock. I had to cut the wings off and add new wings to make the headstock right again.
Here is the proof that the guitar turned out OK!

lp59aholicDon

V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Don, This story had a happy ending.

If you look close at the first picture you can see what is wrong with the headstock. I had to cut the wings off and add new wings to make the headstock right again.
Here is the proof that the guitar turned out OK!
Hey Roman, There is a big difference here also, Ah you are what I would call an expert , ok, This guy was at his own admittance, Under the influence of mind altering subtances and got tired of the color and finish on this guitar, and had about zip for lutherie or wood working skills , a bit of neck and body binding came off when he was removing the finish from that 60 Les Paul, last Steve or I heard the guy sent it to George Gruhn for an estimate , I almost had it for a PRS, and an Amp in trade , Was gonna get a friend to help me restore at least the finish. color, binding and replace pickups

Latest Threads