A fine day to make a Monster

Malikon

말억건
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
got some more made this week. That part 7 sold really quick so I have to make another one, (I'm trying to have them all at once so I can get a group photo.)

Here's this weeks work.

20181006_215155.jpg

I really like the part 3 (third from the left, bottom row.) I think I finally figured out the color for it. You don't want it too white, or too yellow, or too dirty. But I think I finally figured out how to get the color exactly the way I want to see it.

So you have a clean (white) part 3, a more screen accurate and dirty part 3, then the bloody and beat up part 4 that's a more yellowed color in the movie.

Then I've got the part 8 on the left, complete with black mesh over the eyes like they had in the movie, and the leather straps and buckles, and up top I have the first really dirty part 3 and the part 6 in my avatar.

Fun stuff. Really enjoying making these.

I really like that mildly weathered part 3 though, I might just keep that one,..and the part 6....and maybe the part 8. :laugh2:

I've owned a lot of hocks but now I finally have ones just the way I always wanted so it's hard to let them go I guess. :laugh2:

socialhero

Reaction score
View attachment 334988

pretty accurate. All the right squiggles and scratches and stains, and the 'wonky' triangle.
I had this immediate vision of that not being a table in your backyard or private space or whatnot, but a public park or similar.

And you showing up and working on masks.

Which made the thought of a cool thing even cooler.

Shit, if that is in your backyard or whatever, you should take it on the road for the fun of it.

Working on horror masks on the subway? YES.

Malikon

말억건
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Some better pics today... I took them for the site but figured I'd post some here too.

Part 8: Jason takes Vancouver ,..er...Manhatten!

20181007_124616.jpg

20181007_124428.jpg

20181007_124521.jpg

20181007_124551.jpg

I even glued in the black mesh over the eyes like they did for the movie. So wearing the mask your eyes would be hidden behind a black screen that you can still see out of. Pretty cool, first time I tried that. :thumb:

Malikon

말억건
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Part 3, weathered like the movie. Really liking the 'bone' color I got this one to be. Very much like the movie. My previous part 3 weathered was too dirty and yellow. This one I think I got it right. Not too white, not too yellow, not too weathered.

20181007_124348.jpg

20181007_124701.jpg

20181007_124748.jpg

Malikon

말억건
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Part 4,...beat to shit. By the end of the movie only half of the top triangle remains, the other two have fallen off during filming. So this is sort of 2/3'rds of the way through the movie. Still very beat up but still has (sort of) the three triangles. Well, one complete triangle anyway, and two half triangles.

Looking at screen shots it seems the top triangle was ripped into three pieces, and they stuck two pieces together, which gave one side of it an off-kilter look. I think on the next mask I try and replicate that more clearly. Maybe actually do the same thing and have the top triangle be two separate pieces instead of one piece that simulates the tear.

I'm not unhappy with this part 4, but I think there's things I'll do differently on the next one.

So far though I'm very happy with the part 3, 6, 7, and 8. And mostly happy with this part 4.

next on the work bench is part 5, 9, 10, 'VS' and Remake.... then maybe some of the alternative masks like the ones in the video games. Or the 'dream/hallucination' masks from part 5.

oh,..and probably the ending mask from part 4 that only has half a triangle left. ...actually that would be one of the dream/hallucination masks from part 5, too. So I guess that one's a two-fer.

Fun stuff. :dude:

20181007_124406.jpg

20181007_124810.jpg

20181007_124830.jpg

Malikon

말억건
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score

I'm keeping it in the house until Halloween night, and I've already managed to startle myself about 5 times by coming around the corner and suddenly seeing it.

It's about 6'5", so it's more Jason size than Myers size,..it's a big monster.

Got the head, hands, and knife finished this weekend. It's a pretty interesting decoration,..not 100% sure what I'm going to do with it the rest of the year. Maybe just stand it in the corner of the dining room or something. ..maybe I'll get bored and turn him into Jason since he has the height for it.

Malikon

말억건
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Since Halloween is over I wanted to do something with the Myers animatronic. Being 6'6" it's really too big for a Myers (unless it was the Rob Zombie remake, that dude is huge.)

Messing around tonight I realize one of my failed Captain Kirk pulls with no hair, could be cut into a Jason hood, then I started thinking that "Jason" in part 5 (was really the imposter named Roy), wore coveralls. So if I could replace the Myers head and mask with a good foam head and bald Kirk hood, and replace the kitchen knife with an axe,..I'd actually have a pretty decent Friday the 13th part 5 lifesize "Roy" figure.

So I messed around with it a bit after work tonight...

20181102_200026.jpg

20181102_200009.jpg

I think when it gets to the point I'm building giant monsters in my room I've outgrown my room. :laugh2:

It is fun to be making stuff again though.

I think when I move and have more room I'll put a part 3 hockey mask on it and buy the large clothes to really make it a lifesize Jason and not "Roy".

maxresdefault.jpg

a lot of the fandom hates Roy because he's 'The Imposter', but I always thought Roy was pretty cool. I mean dude puts on a bald cap and a hockey mask and runs around killing people. It's pretty much the one film about a crazy Jason fan,...who is wearing Michael Myers coveralls. :laugh2:

Malikon

말억건
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
mmm, back in the saddle. New Kirk/Myers mold made this week and new projects on the horizon. Now that I've moved I have a lot more space for monster making.

good times

have to complete my lineup of Hockey Masks and Myers :dude:

Malikon

말억건
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Feels real nice to finally have space to work and move around. I'm already spoiled by having all this space to work. I've gone from, "I can't move without tripping over things!" to, "mannequins! ...I need more mannequins...and a CHAINSAW!!"

SGeoff

Reaction score
Good stuff Mal. however i protest all the shatner stuff, his ego is big enough already:lol: