A fine day to make a Monster

Malikon

말억건
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Spent the day painting. I bought about 20 pieces of plastic so I plan on making all of them and multiple versions from each film.

So today I started with a pt 3 "Clean",...it was never actually clean in the movie but I wanted to make one that was pristine and brand new looking. Like if the hockey masks were real what would a brand new one from the store look like?

The other one is from the end of pt 3 before he gets the axe in the head. The mask is dirty and beat up and scuffed up. I tried to match most of the grime and scuff marks to the movie.

20180922_190915.jpg

20180922_190942.jpg

The real one...
Sexta-Feira-13-Parte-3-1982-3.jpg

It's been about 15 years since I was making monsters as a hobby (and to sell), so it feels pretty fun to be making them again. I even started a new website for them and put a couple things on eBay this week that sold pretty quickly.

Good times. :dude: ….already looking forward to making more. Especially some of the pt 5 hockey masks,..the pt 8,...some of the ones I've never made before. Part 'X' and the new 2009 'Remake' one is going to be pretty fun too.

It's fun to be making monsters again. Though I'm primarily focused on Jason and Myers, my favorites.

Last edited:

smk506

Reaction score
Dude, thats dope! You want to tell us about your process some, I'd love to hear more about how you do that.

Also, you should do a Lord Humongous mask, just because you should.

Malikon

말억건
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Dude, thats dope! You want to tell us about your process some, I'd love to hear more about how you do that.
I start with screencaps and lots of pics. I have a folder for each mask in both series (Friday and Halloween), and tons of pictures of each mask. I know 100% screen accuracy isn't possible but I try to get this as accurate as I can. As a fan I want what I make to look like it came out of the movie.

So, are there movie prop forums where guys fight amongst themselves over relicing?
yes,...oh yes. Every fandom argues over....everything.

So the next ones will most likely be a pt 4 and a pt 5 since I'm wanting to go in order. (though I plan on making a few more pt 3 and pt 4's, they're my favorites.)

I want to make this one...

f13gamepartivheader.jpg

and this one

voorhees-impostor-mask.jpg

Last edited:

Malikon

말억건
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure that's allowed and wouldn't want to chance it, I'll send you a link :thumb:

Harmony

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
You should make a packet this time of year! Those are great Mal!

Might give my nightmares with those around but good all the same :laugh2:

Malikon

말억건
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
@Harmony it kind of snowballed over the past month. An old friend contacted me about fixing a mask of his, and I did, then I started redoing some Myers because I'm excited about the new movie. But when I posted them online people made (very good) offers to purchase. Then another person told me that my old masks from 2009 were in a William Shatner video on his official channel, and I was, "GTFO!",..so I looked and sure enough those were my masks in my old Chicago dining room (complete with Star Wars poster on the wall), in a William Shatner interview. Which blew my mind. Of course I got no credit or anything, but I recognize my masks and I sure as shit recognize my old dining room. :laugh2: So that was really cool.

So I made more stuff and threw a website together quickly after coming up with a name I like. Got some business cards made. Things are just sort of moving along.

Someone just wrote me a few minutes ago asking about Myers masks saying he saw my stuff in a YouTube video and wants me to make him something. ...I asked him for the video because I'm all curious if someone reviewed something or what.

It's fun though. It's fun to be making monsters again. I always liked doing it.

Harmony

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
@Harmony it kind of snowballed over the past month. An old friend contacted me about fixing a mask of his, and I did, then I started redoing some Myers because I'm excited about the new movie. But when I posted them online people made (very good) offers to purchase. Then another person told me that my old masks from 2009 were in a William Shatner video on his official channel, and I was, "GTFO!",..so I looked and sure enough those were my masks in my old Chicago dining room (complete with Star Wars poster on the wall), in a William Shatner interview. Which blew my mind. Of course I got no credit or anything, but I recognize my masks and I sure as shit recognize my old dining room. :laugh2: So that was really cool.

So I made more stuff and threw a website together quickly after coming up with a name I like. Got some business cards made. Things are just sort of moving along.

Someone just wrote me a few minutes ago asking about Myers masks saying he saw my stuff in a YouTube video and wants me to make him something. ...I asked him for the video because I'm all curious if someone reviewed something or what.

It's fun though. It's fun to be making monsters again. I always liked doing it.
Yeah I saw that video, that would freak me out if that was me. Pretty cool I say! :laugh2:

You are really on the up lately, with your usual job and this. What a year for you! Great masks Mal, really cool :thumb: