A Day Late , a Dollar Short

meatball

Reaction score
Yesterday , I went into my favorite mom and pop to talk to him about trading up my Blackstar HT-20 to a Blackstar HT-40 . I told him I preferred a used one if he had one . He said that he did and wanted to make the trade . He said that he made the offer to somebody else 5 minutes before me . He took me into the demo room and quietly told me that he had to honor his word to the original prospects that was on the way down to the store to demo it . I respect that a lot of a mom and pop store cause I know if it was Guitar Denter ,it would have been first come ,first serve . He said that he would call me if the original prospect didn't show, but I never heard from him,so I lost the chance to get it , 5 minutes is a lifetime sometimes . He did tell me that if he sold it to him , he would find me one soon . I can respect that . This is the same mom and pop store that let me use my Blackstar HT20 on a gig to try it out and fell in love with it . I will keep you updated as to if I get one soon.

reSINguitarist

Reaction score
Yeah, that kinda sucks. But at the same time, you really can't be pissed at a guy because he's a man of his word. Those kind of folks are hard to come by these days.

But it does sound like you have a good relationship with this guy.

If he's a man of his word like he sounds, you should be fine.

Whether or not the next HT40 he gets sounds like you want it to is another matter, but at least you've got "dibs."

Eli:wave:

lǎo​wài

It's All About the Maos
Reaction score
Next time you deal with the guy, maybe you'll get the long end of the stick.

Seems to be a decent fellow.

How many times I've said, "If I only [did something] thirty minutes earlier.

Latest Threads