A Boaring Thread

Mike I

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
They counted 14 of them, and if you spot one they give you a phone number to call?

They need to take a clue from Texas, where they're everywhere, and just shoot them bastards on site.

Besides, them are good eatin!

Mike I

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
if they counted 14 there are probably 80

Yep! Time to smell some 5.56 powder!

Pay me 500 bucks a head, and I'll come take care of that problem for them!

I'll even skin and quarter them, and leave 'em several hundred pounds of meat for the less fortunate.

( When the snow melts) !

rogue3

Reaction score
These wild boars are loose in my neighbourhood(protected greenbelt),just a little north and east of me.It is all bush connected to lake ontario,where i am. Along with wild deer,coyotes,turkeys, the occasional wolf, no bears yet, but they are probably out there...now boars.
Maybe i should be packing on my next trail ride.

Too bizarre,not native to the area(eurasian). farm critters got loose?

Last edited:

Roberteaux

Broken Dog
Super Mod
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I wonder how they cook up...

They're nasty and yucky if field-killed and then cooked. Gamiest flavor this side of bear turds, and nasty, wormy, sour-ass meat to be sure.

This has mostly to do with the diet of the average feral swine. In my part of Florida-- which is lousy with razorbacks and other churlish porcine types-- the guys who actually mean to eat those piggies tend to take them alive. One of the more popular practices is to send Florida Cur Dogs (that's a breed) to track and chase the piggy down, with a pit bull following, usually to grab the porker and hold him in place long enough for the hunter to come running up to net and truss the now-furious bastard. And you gotta *really* watch your ass while getting the pig under control, because they're quite strong, extremely testy, and they feature a bite that leaves a man looking like he was slashed with a razor blade.

Once you have Mr. Piggy under control, you take him home and you feed him sweet corn for about a month. And *then* you slaughter him and will have something closer to store-bought pork to feast on... though sometimes the meat stays pretty damned chewy anyway... and one is wisest to marinade the shit for a couple of days, too.

Sometimes guys do take wild hogs, and bring them to charity... and I've yet to hear of a charity that ever turned the offering down. But damn, man... I'd have to be pretty hard up before I'd be looking at a field-taken hog as anything entirely comestible.

I mean, it won't kill ya to eat it... but damn, man... YUCK!

--R :p

Last edited:

Bobby Mahogany

Reaction score
Time to bring the girls!

f317cfb8-b1bf-4e4c-b257-aefb8ea2b1d8.medium.jpg

2ecc12c86cf3cf15760af7d9965e8d1d--texas-hog-hunting-hog-dog.jpg

KSG_Standard

Reaction score
I wonder how they cook up...

I can't speak to Canadian hogs, but down here, they are freaking NASTY. In order to make them edible, you need to catch them and feed them corn for a few weeks before slaughtering and butchering them. Even with that, some of the big boars will always taste like a big boar. Now, the little ones, they can be quite tasty!

We mostly treat them like varmints and don't eat them.

Latest Threads