A 7ender for them what don’t like 7enders…

angeldeville

Reaction score
Last night I went to bed with a Gretsch G5222 double jet OR an Epiphone Wilshire OR another Epiphone Crestwood in my cart at an online retailer…

I couldn’t decide which I wanted more, so I slept on it..

Good thing I thought about it because this popped up on another forum, and I bought it quickly without too much research…

Never been a huge 7ender fan, but the telecaster is tolerable, (and my Hello Kitty strat)., and the carved top and humbuckers sealed the deal.

So far I know these were made somewhere around 2004 or 2014 give or take a couple years. Country of MFG may be Korea or Indonesia.

I know the bulk of the body and neck are mahogany as god intended, but I’m not sure what the cap or fretboard material is.

I do know there are Dimarzio pickups SD/PAF pro.

I’m not even sure what the scale length is…

tzd

Reaction score
Very similar to this, though this has EMGs.

Currently they still have this line going:

tolm

Bigsby Junkie
Reaction score
I had one of those a few years back - the Spalted Maple top version. Sounded great and played very slickly indeed but had a very skinny neck - don’t know if that was standard or the neck vary, though.

angeldeville

Reaction score
Very similar to this, though this has EMGs.

Currently they still have this line going:

I had one of those a few years back - the Spalted Maple top version. Sounded great and played very slickly indeed but had a very skinny neck - don’t know if that was standard or the neck vary, though.
ok so she is made in Indonesia, but I still haven’t pinned down the year. I wish 7ender had a spec page for it. But definitely prior to 2014.

the current line looks nice and I was aware of it, but there is something about a gold top and double cream Dimarzio’s that made this the one to have.

I am reading that they do have skinny necks, but I have an 89 Charvel with the thinnest neck I have ever seen, so I can handle most anything.

efstop

The dickens you say!
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Happy pending NGD!

With a maple cap, mahogany body and humbuckers, it's a Gibson with a Fender scale :D 25 1/2"
I have been considering one of those for quite a while. Amber, Black Cherry Burst or Crimson Red. Too bad there's no Gold Top now. The blurb says modern C neck.

angeldeville

Reaction score
Gibson 57’s and Dimarzio Super Distortions are my most respected humbuckers, we shall see how that paf pro is… can always add a second SD…

efstop

The dickens you say!
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Purist in me says: This is not a "Telecaster".

:rofl:
Me too. I have a '15 Standard Tele and a '19 '50s Vintera, both TeleMexters. I might install my WRHB into the neck of the Standard but I would have to change the pots and caps to suit a humbucker and not worry about what happens to the tone of the bridge pickup.

Bobby Mahogany

Reaction score
Me too. I have a '15 Standard Tele and a '19 '50s Vintera, both TeleMexters. I might install my WRHB into the neck of the Standard but I would have to change the pots and caps to suit a humbucker and not worry about what happens to the tone of the bridge pickup.
This is a perfect example of why we need so many guitars.
Actually we should buy one that we keep stock and as many as we want to modify.

"Look, Honey! This Vintage style Telecaster is stock but this one has had a humbucker
installed at the neck position, implying some non-reversible modifications, namely
carving a suitable cavity for the new pickup. Also the pot had to be replaced, pickguard
cut, etc. But by doing this to the 2nd guitar, I kept the investment value intact on the first one
while exploring tone with the other. Now, if I wanted a 2 humbucker Tele I would have to
buy a 3rd one so I wouldn't jeopardize the value of the 2nd guitar since the modification
on it is highly sought after because, you know, Rock'nRolling Stones.
So you need not to worry about the money spent because it is not money "spent",
it is money "invested" and "protection of Estate Value". Anyway, if you need me
I'll be in the garage / shop unwrapping two Strats and some parts I ordered in order
to protect our Estate Value. Could you bring me a beer later?
Thanks! You're an Angel!"

rayspang

Reaction score
that one is mostly likely made by cor-tek in indonesia. I have a lite ash MIK telecaster made by them. Nice guitar. came with SD's (not the designed by) and a birdseye maple neck,

angeldeville

Reaction score
a package has arrived at home, and I'm stuck at work....

I may be coming down with something.....

Latest Threads