'99 Tele NGD and bridge suggestions

BoxyBrown22

Reaction score
Howdy Fender land of MLP. I'm not on here much but I thought I'd share my newest acquisition a 1999 Fender American Standard Telecaster.

My Telecaster patch in the front yard is doing okay this year, maybe a custom shop or vintage piece next year.

Maple board, see thru Mary-Kaye like poly finish, all the standard fare. Currently, it came with & has Seymour Duncan Alnico II Pro's. I will be putting some Lollar's I have in her, but I have questions for those better informed than I.

Talking to a friend he suggested to brighten up for a more traditional Tele tone get a new bridge. I was already contemplating this as I really prefer the vintage style bridge over the the more modern one. I also find is a bit dark for a Tele, but I typically play Strats when playing a Fender. So..

• What suggestions for a bridge replacement should I look into? I thought Callaham as I have used their Strat bridges, also Glendale and Joe Barden seem to be other good options.
  • I know the American Standard changed their bridges in about 2008 (might be off), if I find an American Standard replacement do I need to make sure it is compatible with my bridge?
Thanks in advance!

alnico59

Reaction score
See if you can locate the Shaw bridge that comes stock in the Professional. It's bright enough and pretty ballsy. Less twang, more bang.

Walt_T

Reaction score
Don't dump those APII pups. Listen to some old Brent Mason, he used them for a while. Get a 3 saddle bridge and try it, you're gonna want it anyway.

BoxyBrown22

Reaction score
Dang, everyone is confirming what I done feart'! I'll grab a one of the new American Pro bridges for it when I see one on Reverb. Danke-Thanks-Hvalla all!