$99 JHS pedals must be a success. Wampler building $99 pedals now

mdubya

Reaction score
There is so much money to be made in building pedals. But you must constantly reinvent to give people fresh reasons to buy.

Then you reissue the classic.

Round and round it goes.

Stay relevant, stay in front of people.

jbash

Reaction score
IDK how successful the JHSpedals are...they are blowing them out for 78 bucks lately with plenty of inventory.

I'm guessing they had good initital sales, and a big tapering off.

Wampler will probably follow suit.

Rob H.

Reaction score
IDK how successful the JHSpedals are...they are blowing them out for 78 bucks lately with plenty of inventory.

I'm guessing they had good initital sales, and a big tapering off.

Wampler will probably follow suit.
JHS is running a substantial sale across the board for a few more days. The PackRat is at $200 vs. the usual $250. They keep adding new pedals to the 3 Series so they might be selling pretty well.

I came close to getting the JHS Screamer but went with Wampler’s Triumph for the 3 band EQ. They’re very similar pedals, sort of a 2 in 1 Tubescreamer/SD-1.

Wampler confirmed the Triumph toggles between Bad Monkey and SD-1 type circuits (symmetrical and asymmetrical clipping, respectively). Can’t wait to try it out, should have mine Friday.

Last edited:

Rob H.

Reaction score
I'm a cheap bastard and when pedal are hundreds of dollars I don't even consider them seriously for myself. $100 is inside the ballpark for me.
I’ve been on a pedal spree the last couple of months and am finding myself flipping some of the fancier expensive ones and sticking with some of the budget stuff that’s served me well for years (e.g. the horribly misleadingly named TC Electronics Dark Matter).

Eddie 70

Reaction score
I put the $99 Wamplers on my Christmas list. I am intrigued.

Big Dik

Reaction score
Fender is in the game, too. Got the Hammersmith Reverb. Also have the JHS Reverb. Both are nice pedals. $100 is my limit for most pedals, and these days there are a lot of good choices.

rich85

Reaction score
A bored guitar player and their money is soon parted

I often go to pedal empire, a shop here in Brisbane that sponsers “that pedal show”. It’s honestly overwhelming walking in there if you arnt used to the place. And they don’t even stock all the brands.

Basically the overall market is just, make a pedal, then update it every few years. Strymon are all onto MK2 versions, JHS is up to MKIV of some I think.

The pedal business is boomin.

moreles

Reaction score
Gee -- good ol' Boss pedals are starting to look boutique relative to these cheapies. Both JHS and Wampler have solid reputations for quality, so that's attractive in a way that the cut-priced somewhat junky ripoff pedals are not. And 99 bucks is cheaper than many kits, even. They can't be paying their robots very much.

Latest Threads