97' epi lp dc

SAULtime

Reaction score
So i have picked one of these up at a decent price - due on my doorstep in a day or two - already thinking about mods...

So its Korean made, set neck + P90 (supposedly SD's)

REALLY looking forward to this gat, been a while (10+ yr) since my last LP - early 90's EPI Classic - I have always regretted letting that one go

So it will be stripped down for a setup upon arrival - check elec's pups etc - as required wiring upgrade, switch + jack upgrade etc etc

Have not been able to decide on pups though...

Anyone else got one of these & what are you running? Dont really see many of these around - maybe they are pretty good straight off the shelf?

Really like the SD Phat Cats

Also considering the BK Supermassive OR Pig 90's

Kind of expecting the DC to be somewhere between the LP & SG tone wise prolly closer to the LP

I play a bit of everything from blues/country to hard rock/metal - generally do not use alot of effects - wah + mt-2 playing through a Carvin MTS3212 - definition, separation and clarity are of most importance - should I be checking out others?!?

Kind regards all,..

paruwi

Kraut-Rocker
Super Mod
Reaction score
I've got a '94

I'd like if they would do a reissue

SAULtime

Reaction score
those are some nice epi's you have there Paruwi - love that quilt

did you keep the stock pups in it? any mods?

paruwi

Kraut-Rocker
Super Mod
Reaction score
those are some nice epi's you have there Paruwi - love that quilt

did you keep the stock pups in it? any mods?

Yep, keep them stock pup-wise, I think Epi pickups aren't that bad,
at least there's nothing I can't get with setting the EQ of the pedal and amp
to my likings

SAULtime

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback - It arrived yesterday so i had a decent blat on it last night for a couple of hours - straight off the bat had probs/issues with switch and jack, crackling and losing output - so they will most likely be swapped out - although they did get better as the night progressed - maybe harness upgrade at the same time?

At this stage I am thinking that the pups have been swapped out for the SD's as advertised in the sale ad - tone is quite rich, warm & full - had to dial the bass out on the eq

all up love the clean tones, very versatile between the neck/bridge everything covered - rings like a bell with nice sustain - cranks the gain up and it delivers everything from silky smooth to nasty bite

ben.jammin

Reaction score
Congrats! It looks like a great guitar and sounds like it will be perfect with a couple small fixes.