90 Day Fitness Thread: Day 1!

lucidspoon

Reaction score
Based on curling 35 lbs for 11 reps, I should be able to do 40 lbs for 7, but I can barely get 4... :(

bildozr

Deliberately Obtuse
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Maaaaang don't be taking random 1RM. But good job. I told you! You done sanbagged on me when you tested last.

bildozr

Deliberately Obtuse
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Is it not good to test 1RM in the middle of a program?
It's just stress on the CNS. If you're doing it frequently you can burn yourself out. Today not so much, cuz you're going into a deload week. It isn't a big deal, but it's basically why all the lifts are between 65-85% of your max throughout the program.

lucidspoon

Reaction score
The company I started with last month has a section for bios and "talents" of employees with mostly silly stuff like "Can talk to animals - 70%". So for one of mine I sent "Can squat 315 lbs - 81%". Which would be 255 lbs. But I just checked and the web designer changed it to "Can squat over 300 lbs - 81%". So now people will think I can only squat 245 lbs!:rofl:

bildozr

Deliberately Obtuse
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I'm really quite shocked at how quickly strength comes back. I stopped lifting in Dec, between an injury, and general burnout. Started getting moving again the last week of Feb, nothing really serious. Just moderate intensities. Started lifting lifting a couple weeks ago. Still working on injury so I can't snatch or clean and jerk like I love. Just squat/presses/pulls for a couple of months. My core strength took the biggest hit. But I hit 163/359 in my squat, and I pulled 170/374 for a clean-deadlift the last two days. Gotta get them numbers back up.

lucidspoon

Reaction score
235 for 5 reps

And then after I finished my workout, my wife's trainer invited me to join their circuit. I did 2 sets and thought I was going to die. Pushups on a bosu ball, half burpees on it, ropes, medicine ball squat throws, and kettlebell swings. 45 seconds of each and 30 second rests were 1 set.

bildozr

Deliberately Obtuse
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I see a lot of those where I train. Most of them come in with all their makeup and hair perfect and just want to be seen.
Nobody works out to not be seen. Am I right?
I mean, being the fat turd I am, I don't have that beach body, but I'm tryna ego lift some weight dog.

bildozr

Deliberately Obtuse
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
235 for 5 reps

And then after I finished my workout, my wife's trainer invited me to join their circuit. I did 2 sets and thought I was going to die. Pushups on a bosu ball, half burpees on it, ropes, medicine ball squat throws, and kettlebell swings. 45 seconds of each and 30 second rests were 1 set.
This guy, ladies, and gentlemen. This guy sandbags on me, hits 235 for a 1 rep max. Turns out he's much stronger so we adjust programming, and 6 weeks later homie hits it for 5 reps. He's gonna squat 275+ in a few weeks.

bildozr

Deliberately Obtuse
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
This 23 year old is a savage! :wow:
Larry Wheels is a monster. Him, Kevin Oak, and Black Tom Cruise are all some strong ass mofos, all train out of the same gym.
Looking forward to watching the US Open this year.
Larry fell last year with like 335 kilos at the open.

lucidspoon

Reaction score
This guy, ladies, and gentlemen. This guy sandbags on me, hits 235 for a 1 rep max. Turns out he's much stronger so we adjust programming, and 6 weeks later homie hits it for 5 reps. He's gonna squat 275+ in a few weeks.
No (intentional) sandbagging. Didn't know I had the strength going into this, and definitely couldn't have gotten here without the programming.

andreww

Reaction score
Meh, I really don't see the point in lifting massive weight. Your knees are going to liquify by the time you hit 50.

Seven

Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Meh, I really don't see the point in lifting massive weight. Your knees are going to liquify by the time you hit 50.
I have always trained for aesthetics, endurance and all around fitness. Started training back in the 70's and have never had an injury from lifting.

That being said, I have huge respect for powerlifters and really enjoy watching the sport..

andreww

Reaction score
I have always trained for aesthetics, endurance and all around fitness. Started training back in the 70's and have never had an injury from lifting.

That being said, I have huge respect for powerlifters and really enjoy watching the sport..
I respect the sport, don't get me wrong. I just don't get why anybody would choose to do it? Participants tend to be big fat guys, lots of muscle, but a gut to go with it. I prefer more reps with a mild amount of weight and having that beach body that you speak of. I just can't see the benefit of being able to lift a car but not being able to run a half block.