90 Day Fitness Thread: Day 1!

EndGame00

Reaction score
Nobody working out over the summer? Love hearing the success stories. I'm 57 now, started working on my body when I was 49 and haven't let my foot off the gas since. Was waiting for my train on Friday, a trip i've been doing for 25 years, when a woman approached me. She said she has seen me on the train for many years and that I looked amazing, as if I hadn't aged a day. That kind of thing happens occasionally and really keeps me motivated!
Yeah. The compliments receive from women is a great motivator... I get flirtatious smiles from women when I walk past them...

Plus your confidence level goes sky high...

Seven

Reaction score
Train one form or another everyday. Started with a weightlifting class in '76 and never stopped. Some call it an addiction.

To me it's just as natural as breathing.

danohat

Reaction score
I've been laying off the weights until late fall. My work season was brutal this year and while moving the house simultaneously, I had no time, energy or will. I have been still doing my push ups and pull ups very regularly, nearly daily. Swimming has become my daily exercise until the weather shits. I'm going to swim across the entire lake here soon.

GammyBird

Reaction score
There's not much chance of me getting in that kind of shape in 3 months. I have 10 years of shit and abuse to get rid of first. Maybe by Christmas :fingersx:
Come a long way in since 2013. I could just barely walk the first day I showed up at the gym, now it's regular running and workouts 5 days a week. Got a couple years playing softball under my belt and a nasty off season training regiment planned for this coming winter. Hopefully I won't have any injuries to tend to this winter.

Not too bad for an old man though I guess...

Reactions: Who

danohat

Reaction score
I'm back! Longest layoff since I started ten years ago. Moving and a physical job plus very active summer. Gonna be sore tomorrow!

Gridlock

Reaction score
I’ve dropped 22 lbs in less than two months. Low Carbs and running for at least 2 miles a day, 4 to 5 days a each week.

MikeyTheCat

Premium Member
Reaction score
Finally ditched the various splits and just went full body three times a week with two or three active recovery days. And I’m loving it. I shoot to finish in 45 minutes (but will go 60 if I’m feeling good) and I’m done. I’ve also added cables to what I do and really enjoying doing upper body work standing up.

Besides cross overs I added the two moves in these videos for back.

So far in 4 weeks I’ve lost 3+ pounds with no change in diet and have not missed a workout. If I’m really tired I just do a little less. And I’m starting to see results all across rather than one area.

I’ve tried to be consistent with various splits but had no luck, something would always come up and screw up the schedule. So last month I went up to the attic, dug out some really old lifting books and decided to rock it old school.

Now to fix my diet.

Gridlock

Reaction score
It’s all about cardio and cutting carbs. I started running 4-5 nights a week and cut carbs. I’m up to 3 miles a run and have I have lost almost 25 lbs. it’s a lifestyle change.