9-2229 "The son of a preacher man" burst

RAG7890

Reaction score
No offence to the OP but I’ve heard way better Guitar & Amp Combo demos than what I heard in this YT.

But hey, it’s a Vintage Burst so most are going to lap this $hit up & say how great it sounds.

:cheers2:

cooljuk

Transducer Producer
Reaction score
Definitely some cool old gear. No doubt about that.

It does sound very staccato, almost gated, as if the player is fighting the guitar. Now, sometimes artists like Keef and Duane do get something special out of that type of "fighting the guitar" sort of sound. I personally tend to prefer rigs that want to sing on their own and when you touch them you just let it out. Just preference. I'd certainly not kick that bit of kit out of bed!

I can see the neck pickup is not original. Anyone else catch that?

sws1

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Definitely some cool old gear. No doubt about that.

It does sound very staccato, almost gated, as if the player is fighting the guitar. Now, sometimes artists like Keef and Duane do get something special out of that type of "fighting the guitar" sort of sound. I personally tend to prefer rigs that want to sing on their own and when you touch them you just let it out. Just preference. I'd certainly not kick that bit of kit out of bed!

I can see the neck pickup is not original. Anyone else catch that?

How so?
ycZeWToh.png

eric ernest

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I'm gonna suggest he may be talking about the low E string winding artifacts on the high E portion of the PAF cover.

Obviously, could just be a replaced cover.....or it was "Peter Greened" for a while.

sws1

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I'm gonna suggest he may be talking about the low E string winding artifacts on the high E portion of the PAF cover.

Obviously, could just be a replaced cover.....or it was "Peter Greened" for a while.

Another one of those, "how the hell do you make those marks" photos.

dspelman

Reaction score
Another one of those, "how the hell do you make those marks" photos.

Usually involves an ill-fitting case and a drop on the face of the guitar. That's how those same marks get onto the frets.

cooljuk

Transducer Producer
Reaction score
Eric is right.

It was the string marks on the cover that showed me it was probably in a bridge position, at one time.

Pete M

Reaction score
Something sounds broken. Amp or guitar? not sure.:facepalm:

Latest Threads