8 kids RIP

SteveGangi

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Wow, that's sick. I hope your laws aren't like some of ours, where it's possible to cop an insanity plea as a way to escape judgement.

CHUNKYNECK

Reaction score
I noticed that on yahoo news yesterday. Presumed it was some random psycho on the loose or something. Didn't think it would be the kids own mother. She must have cracked under the pressure of bringing up 8 kids. Sad outcome for the kids, R.I.P.

Think they mentioned another one of her kids came home and was confronted with all the carnage. Pretty screwed up.

SixAngryStrings

Señor Member
Reaction score
You guys do know that the world wasn't always this F'd up right?
And that the F'd upness really is growing at an exponential rate...

danohat

Reaction score
Humanity hasn't changed. Corruption and evil have been a part of humanity since the beginning.

Fiat Lux

Reaction score
Wow, that's sick. I hope your laws aren't like some of ours, where it's possible to cop an insanity plea as a way to escape judgement.
Steve
The crime happened in Queensland. Under that state's criminal code if you go the "insanity" route you are able to be held "at the Governor's pleasure". This can be for longer than "life" in the regular system, so if you are trying to avoid major incarceration, pleading insanity is not the way to go in that State. And the institutions for the criminally insane are not nice.

Thing is, it sounds to like she really is quite broken, and I wouldn't expect her tone mixing with the general public again any time soon...

Bless those poor innocent children. I hope they have found a better place.

Cheers

OldBenKenobi

Reaction score
In the vast majority of cases killers don't plead insanity, the ones who do plead insanity are usually denied and the vast majority of those successes have been previously diagnosed with a mental illness. And the point of the insanity plea is to make sure there is justice. If someone is legitimately insane then they need help, sentencing them to death or life imprisonment would not be just The insanity plea is about culpability. The end goal of the insanity plea is capital punishment: The execution of the insane mind that committed the crime, allowing the innocent mind that is victimized by the illness to go free.

There are a lot of misconceptions about what insanity actually entails. It is not a medical diagnosis, it is a legal judgement. You do not get off for crimes if you just have a mental illness or you're especially sick. If it was impossible for you to comprehend the illegality of your crime you are insane. If it was impossible for you to not commit your crime you are insane. Ted Bundy, Jeffrey Dahmer, Gary Ridgway, John Wayne Gacy, etc were not insane, despite the depravity of their crimes. John Hinkley Jr successfully pled insanity and is still incarcerated. Had he gone to prison theres a good chance he'd be out by now. As it stands he can only be freed when he overcomes his obsession with Jodie Foster. It's possible that he will never be a free man.

You guys do know that the world wasn't always this F'd up right?
And that the F'd upness really is growing at an exponential rate...
Ghengis Khan, Attila the Hun, Vlad the Impaler, etc. Human lives are worth more now than they have ever been. Look at the institional torture of children during the Industrial Revolution or slavery in the south. These things were happening less than two hundred years ago. Humanity has a way to go but it has made remarkable progress.

HenryHill

Reaction score
They drive them into lakes or the ocean, or drown them in the tub in this country.

Or poison. Something like that. Rarely guns or something violent.

I don't want to burst your bubble, but there is a shit load of crazy bitches out there.

The 'fragile sex' means that they come apart pretty easy.

kevinpaul

Reaction score
I came not imagine how any one could hurt a child, but the mother? That is too over the top.

Engel

Premium Member
Reaction score
Wonder who told her to do it. I'm sure it was the usual suspects.

Digger

Dingo Lover!
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I came not imagine how any one could hurt a child, but the mother? That is too over the top.
I can't even imagine how somebody could harm their own child, much less kill them.

My brain simply shuts down at the thought!

A tragic week for our country given the siege in Sydney and the loss of two young people.

I don't know that there's any more or any less violent people these days, it's just that each year there are a lot more people!

So What

Reaction score
In the vast majority of cases killers don't plead insanity, the ones who do plead insanity are usually denied and the vast majority of those successes have been previously diagnosed with a mental illness. And the point of the insanity plea is to make sure there is justice. If someone is legitimately insane then they need help, sentencing them to death or life imprisonment would not be just The insanity plea is about culpability. The end goal of the insanity plea is capital punishment: The execution of the insane mind that committed the crime, allowing the innocent mind that is victimized by the illness to go free.

There are a lot of misconceptions about what insanity actually entails. It is not a medical diagnosis, it is a legal judgement. You do not get off for crimes if you just have a mental illness or you're especially sick. If it was impossible for you to comprehend the illegality of your crime you are insane. If it was impossible for you to not commit your crime you are insane. Ted Bundy, Jeffrey Dahmer, Gary Ridgway, John Wayne Gacy, etc were not insane, despite the depravity of their crimes. John Hinkley Jr successfully pled insanity and is still incarcerated. Had he gone to prison theres a good chance he'd be out by now. As it stands he can only be freed when he overcomes his obsession with Jodie Foster. It's possible that he will never be a free man.

Ghengis Khan, Attila the Hun, Vlad the Impaler, etc. Human lives are worth more now than they have ever been. Look at the institional torture of children during the Industrial Revolution or slavery in the south. These things were happening less than two hundred years ago. Humanity has a way to go but it has made remarkable progress.
While I agree with most of your post, slavery was not exclusive to the Southern States.

Traces of the Trade » Northern Involvement in the Slave Trade

Dr. Pain

Reaction score
For a mother to do this, something wasn't right. She did have an 18 month old so I wonder if post natal depression was the trigger?

As mentioned before, people here are held "at the governors pleasure". The law here gives a mass murderer say a 30 year sentence but the state government through the attorney general will hold the worst till they die. It's rare they ever get out.

Fiat Lux

Reaction score
They drive them into lakes or the ocean, or drown them in the tub in this country.

Or poison. Something like that. Rarely guns or something violent.

I don't want to burst your bubble, but there is a shit load of crazy bitches out there.

The 'fragile sex' means that they come apart pretty easy.
Bitches be whack.

It's just a matter of degree.
IIRC, at least based on Australian figures, more women kill children than men do. Men get all the publicity (of course), but the fact is women (usually the child's mother) kill children more frequently...

Cheers

Latest Threads