7th Annual Heart PSA...

TheX

Still Alive and Well
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Today is the 7th anniversary of surviving my heart attack. This is obviously a big day for me. I got lucky and was able to walk away with 5 stents. A bypass is obviously a LOT worse.

If you are ignoring any symptoms, don't. If you are living a less then healthy lifestyle, get regular checkups, it can literally save your life.

If you are living an active, healthy lifestyle, good for you! I was already an active cyclists and gym rat. The doc that saved me in the ER says that probably allowed me to survive it. I wasn't getting regular checkups prior to the event, but I am now.

You should add a heart attack to your reverse bucket list, the one with things you NEVER want to do. Thanks for listening, I'm sure no one cares about my problems, but please do what you can to not end up like I did.

Droog

Reaction score
Genetics are genetics, but stack the deck in your favour. Eat sensibly, manage the risk factors and stay active.

toymaker

Reaction score
Congrats on making it 7 years, hope for many more.

I know I need to get off my fat ass and start taking this stuff more seriously. Just got off phone with coroner's office and they confirmed the suspected - my mom passed of a heart attack.

Exercise/lifestyle is no guarantee you won't have a heart attack....but it increases the chance of survival and decreases the chance of having one to start. Good on you for keeping up with things and thanks for the reminder.

Chester Drawers

Reaction score
Your a wise man X. Glad your doing OK.

(i mean The X obv., that's not a kiss, honest).

sonar1

Reaction score
Thread inspired me to walk my 1.7 mile route today.
You carry the message well!

dc007

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Congrats X. Here's to more healthy years for you and yours!!

Latest Threads