71 Les Paul Custom, restoration video

Deftone

Reaction score
No nibs?! Lol...

Looks great but I'm not a fan of the gold knobs and creme plastic. I also would have went with the original gold hardware.

My '79 is in similar shape. No neck break and all original but the frets are smoked, there's a few extra screw holes from what I believe was a Roland synth set up and the whole guitar is saturated with nicotine.

IMG_2024a.JPG

I'll probably get a fret job and leave the rest as is.

Reaction score
No nibs?! Lol...

Looks great but I'm not a fan of the gold knobs and creme plastic. I also would have went with the original gold hardware.

My '79 is in similar shape. No neck break and all original but the frets are smoked, there's a few extra screw holes from what I believe was a Roland synth set up and the whole guitar is saturated with nicotine.

View attachment 573187

I'll probably get a fret job and leave the rest as is.
Why’s the headstock red?

Midnight Blues

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm so inept that that kind of stuff really impresses me. Man, did he do a great job! What a shine he put on her!

Kind of Robbo/Steve Marriottesque:

771020_photos_thin_lizzy_ron_fahnestock_13.jpg

3AhskAN.jpg

Personally, I prefer gold hardware, but the silver looked good. I would've left the PG off though.

Censport

Reaction score
That's quite the transformation. Love seeing another one saved. Were it mine, I wouldn't have bothered with the pickguard, but that's just me. I'm sure whoever plays that guitar will love it.

GrandJunction

Reaction score
I never had any of the talent to do that sort of restoration work - so, to all of you who do such fine artistry - I salute you!

JMP

Reaction score
Great resto-mod. Looks awesome.

Ramhead

Reaction score
Great work but not a fan of adding that shiny new hardware to this guitar.. Headstock looks very wrong with those bright chrome Grovers.

AJK1

Reaction score
No point making a Custom look like a Standard

Latest Threads