'71 Deluxe player

charlie chitlins

Reaction score
Hey, y'all...I'm back from banishment with something fun.
This one came up for sale locally and, for some reason, I just couldn't stop thinking about it...I normally wouldn't have given it much consideration, but...I don't know...it SPOKE to me.
The seller brought it to my place so I could check it out and, from the moment I held it, I knew it was The One.
She's gotten the 70s treatment...Schallers, routed, mini toggle.
The route on the bridge pickup was cleanly done, but miscalculated...there's a butt crack showing on the bridge side.
The frets were flat and worn to about .025" tall.
The neck is a dead-on '59 carve that matches my '59 ES-225 perfectly. 1 11/16" nut.
This guitar has been loved and PLAYED.
There is a lot of wear and bucklerash.
She sports Duncan Antiquities. I'd never had a set, and they are sublime.
I'm not a great woodworker, but I can do a little, and I know the repairs will never be invisible, so I didn't go nuts trying to hide them.
I gave her some nice, tall frets.
Wired 50's style, now.
I've been through a LOT of guitars and currently have over 20...my revolving door sometimes spins fast. I like owning/playing/gigging a variety of guitars from cheapies, good modern stuff, old oddballs and vintage, and I had given up on the idea that there is such a thing as The One...but I've had this one for a few months and I can not put it down.
The 225 was my main guitar for a long time (as was an early 60s 125) but it has one pickup and is not particularly versatile. I played it (and still do, sometimes) because it has the perfect neck for me. When I hold it, it's like slipping into a warm bath.
I couldn't believe it when I held another guitar with the same neck.
My photography always stinks, but here she is.
Mrs. Jones.
OK...now that I have typed an entire manifesto, I get messages that say my photo files are too large...
I'll see about figuring out how to post some pics.

ChuckHall03

Reaction score
Click on the file size when you try to post the pictures and it will allow you to choose a smaller one. Would love to see this!

charlie chitlins

Reaction score
@ChuckHall03 I don't see how to do this. If I click "insert image" above or "attach files" below, I don't see an option to choose a file size.

charlie chitlins

Reaction score
what did you get shitcanned for?
I'm not even completely sure.
I was never warned or otherwise contacted.
I think I offended a sponsor who sells cans of magic snake oil mojo to unsuspecting dentists for too much money.
Anyway...I wish I could get this photo thing worked out.
I didn't think my crappy phone would take such high res pics.

mudface

Boo Bee
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think I offended a sponsor who sells cans of magic snake oil mojo to unsuspecting dentists for too much money.
If you can change the shape or crop them with your phone first,... it should be enough to load them on the mule.

slug_maine

Reaction score
Nice! Good to see ya back CC, Nothing wears and ages like a Norlin finish. Is it a heavy beast?

LtDave32

Desert Star Guitars
Super Mod
Silver Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
You know damn well why. You went over the line, told to cool it, then ignored the warnings.

Then you started talking crap on other forums, and the admin got word of it.

Don't start this up again, you were way out of line the first time, then you made it worse.

judson

Reaction score
looks great... love the natural wear and tear

pretty sure my 71 was same finish as i can see evidence of the original finish in the control cavity, has 2 bullet holes drilled for toggles and someone did a crap refret and shaved the neck to three saltine crackers thin.....but still has the original mini humbucks

stripped and shitty clear finish but i will leave it for now.....plays great really

great deal , yours is definately a looker...:h5:

charlie chitlins

Reaction score
You know damn well why. You went over the line, told to cool it, then ignored the warnings.

Then you started talking crap on other forums, and the admin got word of it.

Don't start this up again, you were way out of line the first time, then you made it worse.
It's true, Popeye...I'm busted.
I confess...I said that a theoretical person who did an imagined thing would be a "doofus".
It was a terrible thing, and I am fully chastised and contrite.
Let's get on with business.

Latest Threads