'70s Orange OR120

TonyAsh

Reaction score
I see someone has added a master volume in the echo loop. This is a good thing, presuming it was done right.

I have the same amp, a '75 model. They're awesome amps. Congrats and enjoy.

Kris Ford

Reaction score
I see someone has added a master volume in the echo loop. This is a good thing, presuming it was done right.

I have the same amp, a '75 model. They're awesome amps. Congrats and enjoy.

Master is definitely cool, otherwise this amp is useless unless you crank it, and then it only breaks up around 9. (really not useable at that volume..)No pedal can capture the full roar tone.at lower volumes.otherwise just is too dark and flabby at low volume.

gaussgun

Reaction score
Thank you gents! :wave:

Yeah theres a post phase inverter master volume mod which made this amp ULTRA versatile, it helps to open all the stuff what the baxandall EQ can do. Also I put stand by switch.

Kris Ford

Reaction score
Thank you gents! :wave:

Yeah theres a post phase inverter master volume mod which made this amp ULTRA versatile, it helps to open all the stuff what the baxandall EQ can do. Also I put stand by switch.

Good call on the PPIMV!:applause:

flamesarewicked

Reaction score
Necro post but.... a ‘76 OR120 popped local for sale... a MV would be great mod to have.. or say good bye to your hearing lol

jojo

Reaction score
Necro post but.... a ‘76 OR120 popped local for sale... a MV would be great mod to have.. or say good bye to your hearing lol
Man, mine was really loud and didn’t get dirty until it was brutally loud so i used a fuzz which I’d normally do anyway....I have an OR 80 which is a bit better in that area...I have a 70’s GT120 Matamp that was like that OR 120, so I had it modded w a master volume and I don’t regret it one bit. Gets heavy at low volumes and sounds killer. Way more usable now. Had my tech put it in an additional slave input someone had added on the back.

Latest Threads