7 bids in 1 second...i get beat

judson

Reaction score

judson

Reaction score
if it was an MLP member...ok that is cool but dam...

oh well im hunting again

brokentoeswalker

Reaction score
Probably a shill bid, you never had a chance at the bid you put in. At least that's the way i'd look at it.

Stinky Kitty

Premium Member
Reaction score
Friend of mine had the same thing happen earlier today while bidding on a motorcycle tire.. damnbots.

judson

Reaction score
could be as i have seen that happen...and then it comes back up with an excuse the Buyer didnt follow thru....

instead of offering it to the next bidder, they roll it up again

58 bids and i get beat by $25...ok im over it ....

i should use one of those sniping programs for stuff i really want or think they will sell cheap.....:hmm:

cant beat em join em

StudioFan

Reaction score
It’s simple .
Enter your max bid and eBay bids for you.
But I wouldn’t enter it too soon as shill bidders will get you and I have been there ; they see you coming and bid you up to or over your limit then they can retract the bid if they like .
By the way when auctions go over $1000 the bid increments go up to $25 . So you should have bid $1100 or 1125 and so on . Really you should have bid $1300 or even $1500 if you really wanted to win and chances are it never would have went that high ...not in the last few seconds . And you still would have made out well .

The page from EBay you posted doesn’t show the suspect bidder ?
It will show the percentage of bidding that bidder does with this seller and how many retracted bids they have on this auction and all auctions in the last 6 months .
A high percentage and retracted bids is what you look for in a shill bidder .

Anyway that is life , there will be another one !

I spend a lot of time hunting these deals as well and it recently paid off big time .
But that’s another thread ....
Hope you find your big score soon !