'68 CUSTOM VIBRO CHAMP REVERB

Seven

Reaction score
Couldn't help myself had to preorder one of these. I've been wanting to get a small Fender tube amp and this fits the bill perfectly. Nice to see the cabinet is 7-Ply 5/8" Birch Plywood instead of particle board on these.

FEATURES
  • Output Power / Output: 5 Watts
  • Controls: Bright Switch, Volume, Treble, Bass, Reverb, Speed, Intensity
  • Amp Type: Tube
  • Preamp Tubes: 2 x 12AX7
  • Power tubes: 1 x 6V6
  • Speaker: 10" Celestion® Ten 30
  • Unique Features: Modified Vibro Champ circuitry, custom-made Schumacher transformers (like the originals), 10" Celestion® 3.2 ohm speaker for increased bass response, Fender hall reverb and tube-driven tremolo, 1968-style silver-panel aluminum trim and silver-turquoise grille cloth
2279000000_fen_amp_dtl_1_nr.jpg

JMP

Reaction score
Sweet! It’s a lower wattage Princeton really. Looks killer.....and I bet it’ll sound awesome.

efstop

Silver Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's available to order in Canada, too, but based on the current exchange rate, L&M has overpriced it by $100. Maybe I'll find a used one in a year or so, but $1050, nope.

I like it for sure.

cherrysunburst00

TUBE AMP JUNKIE FOR LIFE
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
BAD ASS :p :p :p

Congrats

Reactions: JMP

Texsunburst59

Reaction score
I LOVE Vibro Champ amps so much I had a '73 VC converted to a piggyback.

This amp was used in clubs, private parties, festivals, opening acts.

Since it has tilt back legs, i could set in front of the stage shooting back up at my like a monitor.

If I couldn't hear my self, I could just put as much as I need in the stage monitors.

I'd run my pedal board in front of it, and I have my OD's Chorus, Delay, Reverb, and Compressor to cover all the sounds I needed.

My Custom Red Fender Vibro Champ 2 x 8" Piggyback.

TheWelder

Reaction score
Those do look really cool. Digital reverb is the only thing holding me back right now. I'd like to see some more demos and hear reports on how they sound.

MichaelAndrew3435

Reaction score
Those do look really cool. Digital reverb is the only thing holding me back right now. I'd like to see some more demos and hear reports on how they sound.
$750 bones for a 5 watt amp with digital reverb? Seems like the 68' Silverface Custom series is a much better deal. Those go $899 new last time I check, have more power, plus tube driven spring reverb. I don't doubt the digital reverb on the new Custom Vibro sounds better than other manufacturers, but dang that's kind of a bummer. I buy Fender amps because of the onboard tube reverb.

Latest Threads