67' Jr

deadlyweasel

Reaction score
Ok guys, so i have a 67' jr that I put together from a husk. I was in talks with a very nice gentleman about a trade towards another vintage guitar but we were very far apart on the deal as far as values. So im hoping I can throw up some pics and info to see if I was just totally off on my estimation of it a value. I know these are not terribly in demand, but to have an offer lower than what an epiphone goes for i was a little put off. So here is the list of vintage correct parts.
Guard( cut into for the shamrock design, not done by me)
Bridge
Studs
Cavity shielding
TRC.
Non original parts
Reranch Pelham blue refin
Vintage Schaller deluxe kluson style tuners
Harness
Evh Frankenstein pickup.
Straplocks.
This was totally stripped and refinished and had a headstock crack repair.
Any insight into a value would be very much appreciated!!!!

Attachments

bossaddict

@david.beason on IG
Premium Member
Reaction score
Don't take this to the bank, but my estimation would be in the low $1K range.

Duane_the_tub

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Tough call, considering how far from original it is. Don't get me wrong, it's really cool - just hard to gauge. I was gonna say a grand, I think @bossaddict is right on.

BadMojo

Reaction score
Keep it for a while and play the heck out of it. Those things are fun little guitars.

Norton

Reaction score
$1k and under would be the absolute high end of a retail price on that. The finish looks pretty janky. Add a headstock repair to a bad finish and routed for a humbucker?

Sorry to say. But I’d be surprised to see much movement on that anywhere near $1k.

deadlyweasel

Reaction score
$1k and under would be the absolute high end of a retail price on that. The finish looks pretty janky. Add a headstock repair to a bad finish and routed for a humbucker?

Sorry to say. But I’d be surprised to see much movement on that anywhere near $1k.
Only the guard was cut for a bucker. No wood routed. I didn't think it was worth 1k but to offer less than 300$ was a little insulting. I thought it would hang around 650 to 700. Not that im trying to outright sell it at this point.

Norton

Reaction score
$700 is fair. $300 is way low. But that pickguard and pickup combo can’t be helping.

Natima

Reaction score
I'd probably buy it for $500 just because of the SHEER amount of work required to get it looking even remotely good again.

BA-CHEE

Reaction score
Only the guard was cut for a bucker. No wood routed. I didn't think it was worth 1k but to offer less than 300$ was a little insulting. I thought it would hang around 650 to 700. Not that im trying to outright sell it at this point.
deadlyweasel , ... Yup, ... offering you - $300 is a TOTAL Insult , ... I would have had a stare down with that idiot ! Was he nuts or what ???

deadlyweasel

Reaction score
deadlyweasel , ... Yup, ... offering you - $300 is a TOTAL Insult , ... I would have had a stare down with that idiot ! Was he nuts or what ???
That was my thought as well. Oh well, it takes all kinds right...

Latest Threads