'65 Strat. Worth it?

Uncle Vinnie

Proud Boomer
Premium Member
Reaction score
Not mine.

$8,500. Refin to nice Daphne Blue, pup rewind, and refret by Mike Koontz whom I know personally, he did a refin & refret on my '61 Strat, best luthier in the Detroit area.

65 strat.jpg

VictorB

Formerly LZF
Super Mod
Reaction score
I think it’s worth it. Cesar rewound the pickups? It probably sounds amazing!

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Reaction score
I'd say that's a great price, I echo what Victor said re Cesar doing the pickups and refin. I'd be seriously keen if I was in the States

strayedstrater

Reaction score
A couple grand high for a typical refin and rewind.

Does Cesar add that much value? I don't know the answer to that -- but I do know that it would need some sort of proof/documentation, not just the seller's word.
--------------------
Edited to add: John Sprung sounded vaguely familiar but I had to google him. Not seeing any connection to Cesar so I'm even more confused by "refinished by Cesar and John Sprung". Has it been refinished twice, and if so, who did the paint that's on it now?

Last edited:

VictorB

Formerly LZF
Super Mod
Reaction score
There’s a lot of history there in that guitar. If he has any documentation... like an invoice from Cesar, it’ll carry a lot of weight.

His original pedals go for big money. Even though Peter at Homestead is making them new, the same exact way with the same materials (in fact he made most of them when Cesar was alive), the originals are sought after.

Mark_the_Knife

Reaction score
Listing is gone. Did the seller post pics of the neck stamp and the underside of the pickguard?

Meatwad

Reaction score
Bee-you-tee-full.

It's my birth year Strat.

Too bad it doesn't have a matching headstock. :rofl: :wave:

Latest Threads